what do u think about when sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LoL

Me and Gio sparred today

he hit me so hard, my head fell out of the ring...

lol jk

but we did meet, we go to the same gym now lol

Cant wait till we start sparring which should be later this week or early next week..

I would really like to sparr with Gio, cuz his not one of those guys who comes to the gym to show his better than u...

It'll be fun and we can work together in sparring, like workin on what we work on

Comment

Originally posted by Gio
      Thanks for the replies. I like to know what other fellow boxers are thinking because maybe i don't think about some issues as much. For instance, I think i should work on my defense very much. Is not like i get hit often , but still i would rather my opponent miss and throw them off balance.

How do u feel emotionally. I think i have a problem because i have no emotion while sparring, im just in there chilling. Is this weird?

A trainer told me i should fight with some anger and aggression, but its still kinda weird for me.

Will fighting with anger help me fight better? I was always told that emotion distracts u from thinking clearly.

Get rid of the trainer that told you to fight with anger. Just being relaxed helps a lot. Most boxers know that you have to be relaxed to avoid fatigue and fight well. But you still want to have "bad intentions" when you throw a punch though. I use to fight very angry, tense and pumped up until I was taught to relax. Its not like a football game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dio2
        Get rid of the trainer that told you to fight with anger. Just being relaxed helps a lot. Most boxers know that you have to be relaxed to avoid fatigue and fight well. But you still want to have "bad intentions" when you throw a punch though. I use to fight very angry, tense and pumped up until I was taught to relax. Its not like a football game.
        He did leave that trainer

His at my gym with a world class trainer whos trained two national champions and both only boxed for 1 year..

Comment

mainly what i think about is countering and slipping:

if he swipes at my jabs, I fake a jab and swing a fast left hook.

i run in close and duck real fast and i see if he likes to fight over-aggressively as his punches will go over my head

i like to strafe side to side changing directions and then swinging jabs and hooks from different angles

i wait for him to use the power right hand and i step in and push a strong jab in his face

i make sure i'm not running too much and that i keep my body is good position and not leaning too far back when i am being hit so that when i punch back, they will be strong

i make sure not to lunge and i make sure to stay relaxed and to swing my shoulders when i punch.

i always keep my head or body moving sideways left or right constantly as to make it hard for them to get a clean shot on me

i move alot so that they only throw 1 punch at a time so that i can slip them easily.

Comment

Working...
          X