• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
    I sigged it, Chunk.
    Cheers. I'll sig it now.

Comment

The one huge advantage Barca have is in midfield. Even with Fletcher United would be in bad shape, but now not even the greatest game of Michael Carrick's life will make it look respectable in the middle of the pitch. Barca will limit United's possession, and Rooney will be chasing back the whole time. Still Barca do no have the manpower in the back right now to defend Ronaldo and company.
      What are you on?.

Comment

Originally posted by RED ARMY View Post
        What are you on?.
        Are you going to dispute the fact that Barca's midfield is leagues better than United's? United have not played another team that can possess the ball or more importantly win it back in midfield the way Barca do. United have some second-tier players in the middle of the park. Carrick on his best day can't touch Xavi, and Iniesta is one of the four or five top players in the world.

But overall United do have a better team, mainly on the strength of the defenders.

Comment

I'm going with the Scum 2-1.

I think both will probably stay deadlocked at a goal a piece and after half time.......United just dominate with willpower.

Also they're too good defensively to just let Barca kick through all day.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Are you going to dispute the fact that Barca's midfield is leagues better than United's? United have not played another team that can possess the ball or more importantly win it back in midfield the way Barca do. United have some second-tier players in the middle of the park. Carrick on his best day can't touch Xavi, and Iniesta is one of the four or five top players in the world.

But overall United do have a better team, mainly on the strength of the defenders.
            No doubt. No doubt.

I just think United is too damn strong with that team spirit. It's crazy.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

lol yeah it's not rocket science.....Barca has the stronger individually built midfield. I mean wtf....., Xavi, iniesta, Yaya Toure

The scum don't have that lvl of stellar players they just have boy scouts.

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                lol yeah it's not rocket science.....Barca has the stronger individually built midfield. I mean wtf....., Xavi, iniesta, Yaya Toure

The scum don't have that lvl of stellar players they just have boy scouts.
                The differences are in the speed of United's counter-attacks and the fact that Barca will be missing all four of their first team defenders. Ronaldo and his mates will abuse any defensive errors in the blink of an eye, and there will be errors.

I'd still slightly favor a full-strength Barca team over United. The way they were playing in November was good enough to beat this version of United. But currently the Red Devils are the better team. They can afford to mimic the tactics Chelsea used in the first leg (they formed a defensive box and never chased runners) because they can score against Barca without possessing the ball.

Comment

One thing i will say about the game the other night, is that Barcelona badly missed Thierry Henry. He's big for them! Probably more so then Messi and Eto?

Comment

This may sound stupid, and i am going to get ripped for it hard, but i'd rather fletcher in my midfield then any of the barcelona's midfield. Why? I mean fletcher in terms of skill is NOWHERE near the skill levels of any player in the barca midfield, but one thing you can guarantee about fletcher is that he will go on that pitch and bust a gut and give it his all every single time and not moan like a littel ***** everytime something doesn't go his way, he's a through back to the good ol' days, which is something i believe none of the barca players have, they have all the skill, but none of that backbone evident in man utd and chelseas team. It's a massive shame he's banned. And any of you who doubt this, just look at who Sir Alex plays in the centre in the big games.

Hard work over skill for me. Which is also why i would rather have Rooney in my team instead of messi.

But again, that's just my opinion.
                    Last edited by JmtRyan; 05-08-2009, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Yes i am . Toure, Keita, Busquets are certainly nothing special. They won't be able to live with pace of our attackers and you can count on Messi going missing. Want a bet?.

Comment

Working...
                      X