No announcement yet.

Wake up Mayweather fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mangler View Post
    Everybody shoulda known the fight was a farce, and everybody shoulda known that wouldn't stop stans from gloatin. Who's really surprised?
    Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Why are so many people trying to pretend Marquez was a legit opponent for Floyd and was the same fighter that gave Manny hell? That Marquez had none of the speed, power, or reflexes of the 126 or 130 pound Marquez and still many are acting like Floyd just beat that guy and not a Marquez that fought Mayweather 3 divisions higher than his best. How do you people convince yourself of crap like this?

You want to know what would happen if Pacquiao had fought a Marquez that slow and weak? He would have put him down cold within 6, like Floyd could have done at any time but decided not to for no reason I can think of but to make the win look more legit when some kid who never saw the fight looks it up on the internet.
    Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
    blame the ****in press people like kevin iole...

or those cretins @ sky sports DK...

Your right Mangler i dont know why am that shocked. I acutally said this would happen to so..........

Thats the problem i have. It goes from giving Mayweather credit for the win to trying to compare that JMM to the one that Manny beat or struggled with depending on your agenda, but the Mayweather stans would you have you believe you are not giving him credit more so than they are over reacting to what was a good win if not spectacular because of the intangibles involved like weight and age etc.

True talip bin osman.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      So, the weight didn't matter against Marquez, that had nothing to do with the outcome, yet Pac fans are terrified because he is smaller than Floyd?

Contradiction much?
      I said the weight did have an effect in that fight, but it still would have been the same result at any weight.

Pac fans are not terrified because Pac is smaller than Mayweather, its because they know he is too skilled defensively, too fast, sharp, etc for him.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
        All the fighters are not the same is the first point.

Oscar chose the fight and hassled Manny. Manny had to go up from 135. At that point he didn't fight anyone at 140 yet. Manny looked good vs Diaz, but Diaz aint exactly great. Infact he is average. Oscar looked okay VS forbes, but imo he would have destroyed him if he wasn't out of prime.

Marquez fought twice at 135, and looked okay VS an old cassa, and was losing the fight vs Diaz until he got the KO. Floyd looked good VS Hatton, but has had a very long lay off and would have shown more rust VS a different type of fighter.

Mayweather was always going to outsize Marquez, and also outclass. That was expected because Marquez was coming off. Marquez looked crap by losing every round which is good if you think Manny had 2 close fights, but Marquez wasn't the same.

Manny was coming up and a lot felt Oscar was picking on him. He made him quit and didn't lose a round. That's more impressive even though it was clear Oscar was weight drained.
        well, each to their own i suppose. is it not possible that marquez was the same, except he was in the ring with a man that was too big, too skillful and at his best weight? Marquez is/was p4p number 2 for a reason, and for him to only land 12% of his overall punches is testament to mayweather. i dont agree that he was expected to outclass marquez. expected to beat him yes, but outclass him, im not sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
          when has Mayweather not allowed HBO to weigh him before a fight?
          that to me was an indicator he was coming in big, then when I saw him in there with Marquez, he looked at least ten pounds heavier and a lot more fuller.
          I dunno how it is Mayweather fans back every little thing he does and take his word as law though.. never in my life have I seen people follow someone who isn't relitively important so blindly.

Mayweather was so afraid of coming in weight drained that he didn't even bother to take the weight off. I could understand if he was fighting someone else but it's Marquez, a guy who was a featherweight a year ago. That to me is some weak ****.
          If there was any respect I had for Floyd, I've completely lost it.

I'm just glad Mayweather couldn't KO Marquez and he lasted the full 12.
          That's all I could ask for. Warriors take risks and fight the best, Marquez is a true warrior.
          The same can't be said about the man in your avy.
          I had a great time at the fight party though so I can't complain, even though the fight was boring. It wasn't my money that payed for it though lol
          I aint ****ting on your post, and I aint defending him either... the fight wasn't boring to me... I enjoyed it.

I have said the weight made a difference and didn't help. I was asking you, not accusing you...

I never watched the HBO version, was it said on there that Floyd refused to? Or is that something you have assumed... for example they might have just not bothered doing it.

To be fair, adding one or two things together doesn't mean its true, though Floyd did look a little bigger than usual... so he might have weighed a bit more admittedly I mean he has been out for 2 years.

I am just asking, and this isn't a stab... like you think it is for some reason, but what do you want Floyd to do to gain your respect, simple question... that can be answered simply.

Everybody shoulda known the fight was a farce, and everybody shoulda known that wouldn't stop stans from gloatin. Who's really surprised?
          I get what your saying mangler, but it is kinda annoying that the people who said JMM would beat Floyd are now saying "It was a mismatch to start with, Floyd should be ashamed JMM went the distance" as if they thought it would be from the beginning, they should at least keep there opinion straight like you have.

I can understand them saying that it was a mismatch, and that the weight difference didn't help... but if they thought JMM was gonna beat him, then obviously if Floyd beat him like that in there opinion it should of been a good win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
            when has Mayweather not allowed HBO to weigh him before a fight?
            that to me was an indicator he was coming in big, then when I saw him in there with Marquez, he looked at least ten pounds heavier and a lot more fuller.
            I dunno how it is Mayweather fans back every little thing he does and take his word as law though.. never in my life have I seen people follow someone who isn't relitively important so blindly.

Mayweather was so afraid of coming in weight drained that he didn't even bother to take the weight off. I could understand if he was fighting someone else but it's Marquez, a guy who was a featherweight a year ago. That to me is some weak ****.
            If there was any respect I had for Floyd, I've completely lost it.

I'm just glad Mayweather couldn't KO Marquez and he lasted the full 12.
            That's all I could ask for. Warriors take risks and fight the best, Marquez is a true warrior.
            The same can't be said about the man in your avy.
            I had a great time at the fight party though so I can't complain, even though the fight was boring. It wasn't my money that payed for it though lol
            Oh and they didn't put the fight night weights on HBO for the Hatton or DLH fights either, it wasn't on the tale of the tape I mean.

Floyd did look bigger though, what I am asking though is did they say on HBO that Floyd refused? Ir could it just had been the case that they never put it on like in the Hatton and DLH fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
              I get what your saying mangler, but it is kinda annoying that the people who said JMM would beat Floyd are now saying "It was a mismatch to start with, Floyd should be ashamed JMM went the distance" as if they thought it would be from the beginning, they should at least keep there opinion straight like you have.

I can understand them saying that it was a mismatch, and that the weight difference didn't help... but if they thought JMM was gonna beat him, then obviously if Floyd beat him like that in there opinion it should of been a good win.
              Nobody should be surprised about that either Spacey. The fight was a disgrace and it made sense for people to root for the underdog. But the cats who actually deluded themselves into thinkin JMM was gonna win were kiddin themselves. It ain't square wit reality.

Comment

I aint ****ting on your post, and I aint defending him either... the fight wasn't boring to me... I enjoyed it.

I have said the weight made a difference and didn't help. I was asking you, not accusing you...

I never watched the HBO version, was it said on there that Floyd refused to? Or is that something you have assumed... for example they might have just not bothered doing it.

To be fair, adding one or two things together doesn't mean its true, though Floyd did look a little bigger than usual... so he might have weighed a bit more admittedly I mean he has been out for 2 years.

I am just asking, and this isn't a stab... like you think it is for some reason, but what do you want Floyd to do to gain your respect, simple question... that can be answered simply.

This kid is probably the best poster on this site, he consistently tells the truth, never exaggerates and is extremely unbiased

Comment

Oh and they didn't put the fight night weights on HBO for the Hatton or DLH fights either, it wasn't on the tale of the tape I mean.

Floyd did look bigger though, what I am asking though is did they say on HBO that Floyd refused? Ir could it just had been the case that they never put it on like in the Hatton and DLH fights.
                  did they unofficially weigh him and not put it on tale of the tape for hatton and de la hoya? i just thought that mayweather never usually allows HBO to weigh him coz pretty much every fight iv downloaded from HBO has the unofficial weights.

Comment

Nobody should be surprised about that either Spacey. The fight was a disgrace and it made sense for people to root for the underdog. But the cats who actually deluded themselves into thinkin JMM was gonna win were kiddin themselves. It ain't square wit reality.
                    I get you... I know it was kinda a mismatch and as a fan before the fight I was thinking with all the distractions Floyd might not be very good, but I did predict a Floyd win and after the 1st round it was apparent really.

I aint saying the weight makes no difference, of course it did... and Floyd looked bigger than usual but I just don't like the fact that people said JMM is gonna expose this hype job and when he wins its a mismatch, at least you stuck by your word. All I am saying is, if you think JMM will beat him then you should give him credit for the win, that's all mate.

But, you are right... the weight made a difference, Floyd did look a little bigger than usual and all... but seriously, when the fight was on it just suddenly gave me the impression that Floyd was just the better fighter too, but its still not a career defining or legacy enhancing win, just a good performance and a pretty good name to put on your resume.

Honestly though, do some of you guys think Floyd carried him a little... I saw that Floyd seemed to have hesitated at times... that could of been cause he thought he might have been a little rusty and didn't wanna be careless.

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                    did they unofficially weigh him and not put it on tale of the tape for hatton and de la hoya? i just thought that mayweather never usually allows HBO to weigh him coz pretty much every fight iv downloaded from HBO has the unofficial weights.
                    I am pretty sure from what I remember they didn't for DLH, I just checked and they didn't for Hatton, I think anything before that they pretty much always have done it.

Originally posted by Real OG View Post
                    This kid is probably the best poster on this site, he consistently tells the truth, never exaggerates and is extremely unbiased
                    Thanks...

Green sent anyway...

Comment

he did beat him worst than pac did being that Pac lost and Floyd toyed with JMM and could have KO'ed him anytime he wanted

Comment

Working...
                      X