Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fatal Explosions reported at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester England.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    That's kinda extreme man. You can say plenty of the same **** about the Bible - specially the Old testament. I know this is gonna fall on deaf ears but people are people... fundamentally most Muslims are just the same as the rest of us, some different practices and beliefs, sure, but they are every bit a part of the fabric of this country.

I know this **** is shocking and awful, but knee jerk reactions are almost never the right ones and I know I've said it before, but will almost certainly play into the hands of those who are seeking to harm our way of life.

If we want the support and help of the Muslim community in helping to stamp out these evil ****ers the last thing we want to do is make them feel like they're being blamed for the actions of a few.
    Agreed it is a powder-keg situation. And as a catholic I agree that there is some questionable **** in the bible.

Thinking about the real expense of practically combating terrorism like this is mind-numbing.

I'm not painting myself as any kind of intellectual because I'm not. And I exercise my democratic right to elect people who I hope would represent the British people well and who are smarter than me, hopefully. But I think to have a political voice you have to imagine what you might do if you could affect change.

I agree with you about the bolded in principle but ultimately there will have to be some kind of 'upstream' strategy to prevent extremism and it will have to have an impact on an element of your law-abiding muslim's liberty because I can't see how it would be effective if it not. And even then it wont be perfect.

The thing about this attack is that the Imam at the mosque saw this cunt and noticed he had 'a face of hate' and the he didn't greet him when he left. I don't want to get bogged down in any religious dogma but the Imam should have reported him but what were the practicalities to preventing that? Did he know him by name or where he lived? it appears he recognised him after the event.

I know someone now is gonna say that muslims can't side with infidels according to scripture but all the muslims I've grown up with wouldn't let someone blow up a load of little girls. They'd be horrified.

Ultimately there is going to have to be a situation perhaps where passport numbers are taken , and a register taken in mosques. And this will have to managed by the Muslim leaders themselves but it will have to be externally audited. Is that a deprivation of liberty? It is isn't it. That is big brother s.hit. The fact is there is gonna need to some legislative measures in place to safeguard against extremism.

Then further downstream interventions would be patting down everyone who enters a mass-attended event. Meaning it will take us upwards of two hours to get into any sporting/concert venue. Armed guards patrolling areas around stadia to prevent people 'loitering'. It's a lot of money which we probably don't have.

The only thing the fellow who has spent this whole thread chatting about guns has said that is pertinent is that there has to be a 'multi-faceted approach' to combating terrorism or what us Brits call a belt and braces approach and it's gonna upset people and it's gonna have to be trial and error.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-24-2017, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
      The city where I live, I can't carry. And golly, we haven't had a successful muslim terror attacks here. Go figure.
      But did you have a Muslim terror attack foiled by armed citizens?

I'm guessing No....

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
      I hope you never get in a situation where you have to put your theory to the test.
      Me too, but I'd rather be armed with a chance than unarmed praying and hiding if I do experience one.

Which option would you prefer; having a gun or cowering and playing dead?

Because I think you'll find your gun useless against a terrorist...
      My source says history shows otherwise.

I have history on my side, you have the familiar talking points on yours.

How would you use your gun to save lives against a vehicle that is driving normally one moment and in a matter of seconds mows down pedestrians? Do you watch every vehicle around you just in case?

What about the D.C snipers? How would you have sprung into action to stop them?
      This talking point has been addressed numerous times.

Please go catch yourself up and you'll find the response.

Comment

• A seat belt is useless (and even detrimental) in certain situations, but a life saver in others.

Does that mean we shouldn't bother to put them on?

A gun won't help in some terrorist attacks, but has saved lives in others.

It's simple Logic, coupled with personal choice and freedom guys.

As I keep saying, if you want to be a sheep, have a blast. But don't force everyone else to be a sheep too.

Comment

• Well, here's a grand solution that Japan has with dealing Muslims and radical Islam. You know what's the magical solution? Japan hardly lets them in and the few Muslims that are let in are heavily monitored (profiled and under surveillance), this includes the mosques also. Tokyo is the most populated city in the world at 38 million and doesn't have terrorist attacks, unlike the big cities of Europe where a Muslim mayor of London says that terrorism is just part of life. In fact Japan has yet to have a Jihadist attack yet. The Japanese sure as hell isn't caught up with idiotic liberalism and political correctness like the west.

Comment

• Terrorism isn't even the worst of it in my opinion

It's the mass rapes..

In Britain, it's nearly always Pakistani Muslim males..

Some say up to a million girls could have been victims.. sounds bs statistic but either way it is a lot of girls and still going on. The worst is the whole "we dindonuffin about girls being mass groomed because of racism"

Unbelievable

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              A seat belt is useless (and even detrimental) in certain situations, but a life saver in others.

Does that mean we shouldn't bother to put them on?

A gun won't help in some terrorist attacks, but has saved lives in others.

It's simple Logic, coupled with personal choice and freedom guys.

As I keep saying, if you want to be a sheep, have a blast. But don't force everyone else to be a sheep too.
              You are still talking in circles.

If you actually had an idea, you would be specific in which laws should change, how they should change and why those changes would be better for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bygeorge View Post
                Well, here's a grand solution that Japan has with dealing Muslims and radical Islam. You know what's the magical solution? Japan hardly lets them in and the few Muslims that are let in are heavily monitored (profiled and under surveillance), this includes the mosques also. Tokyo is the most populated city in the world at 38 million and doesn't have terrorist attacks, unlike the big cities of Europe where a Muslim mayor of London says that terrorism is just part of life. In fact Japan has yet to have a Jihadist attack yet. The Japanese sure as hell isn't caught up with idiotic liberalism and political correctness like the west.

Same in Poland. No Muslims, no attacks. I go there all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa Smurf View Post
                  Terrorism isn't even the worst of it in my opinion

It's the mass rapes..

Some say up to a million girls could have been victims.. sounds bs statistic but either way it is a lot of girls and still going on. The worst is the whole "we dindonuffin about girls being mass groomed because of racism"

Unbelievable
                  Mass rapes?

Damn.

Its hard to even conceive of such a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa Smurf View Post
                    Terrorism isn't even the worst of it in my opinion

It's the mass rapes..

Unbelievable

I think there will be war with them at some future date. It will go like Lebanon which was once a Christian nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      You are still talking in circles.
                      Quite the contrary.

I've been nothing but consistent here.

Do you need me to state my beliefs in a simpler form for you?

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      If you actually had an idea, you would be specific in which laws should change, how they should change and why those changes would be better for everyone.
                      That's been said many, many times.

You're not listening to me, but instead only looking for something I say you can argue with.

Go reread my posts. The answers are there.
                      (A hint; I'm a huge constitutionalist type..)

If you're still lost, ask me again later in the day. If I'm in a good mood, I'll quote where I stated my beliefs/ideas on this.

I'm growing quite bored of repeating myself over and over and not being listened to.

Comment

Working...
                      X