Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if McGregor KOs Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol Boxing would probably never recover. Fair or not, rational or not, I honestly think it would change how boxers as a whole are perceived by the public.

This place, Sherdog (MMA forum), and Youtube would certainly be entertaining for the weeks following. To Flomos, it would probably feel like a loved one died or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
      I know the chances are .00000001% but what if McGregor lands that Hallelujah counter and drops Floyd?

Then what?
      You know the name of the girl in your avatar?

Comment

Then I'll win money

Comment

I know the chances are .00000001% but what if McGregor lands that Hallelujah counter and drops Floyd?

Then what?
          Floyds legacy is crushed for the short term at least as the haters come out of the wood work and every crevice in the world stating I told you he was nothing, then some story will come out how Floyd had a cramp bad shoulder night and the history books will dissolve this into the Mayweather story.

And life goes on as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
            Then I'll win money
            You haven't seriously put money on McGregor, right?

Comment

I could imagine Floyd Mayweather being the type of person that could slip into a deep depression if? He lost in that fashion to a novice boxer! (A knock out loss would be a very dangerous situation for Mayweather!).

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                I could imagine Floyd Mayweather being the type of person that could slip into a deep depression if? He lost in that fashion to a novice boxer! (A knock out loss would be a very dangerous situation for Mayweather!).
                I don't think it would bother him much at all, he is too into life and money and he is not drug fcked so he would think pretty straight.

He will just come out with excuses like Manny did as to why he lost, a bunch will believe it a bunch wont.

He got to the highest accomplishments in the history of boxing and rich beyond belief, for him to get beat now at 40, he would just say to himself father time got him, and live happily ever after.

Comment

Then what?
                  I will die laughing and Connor will have that in his conscience forever.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
                    lol Boxing would probably never recover. Fair or not, rational or not, I honestly think it would change how boxers as a whole are perceived by the public.

This place, Sherdog (MMA forum), and Youtube would certainly be entertaining for the weeks following. To Flomos, it would probably feel like a loved one died or something.
                    Well for sure Floyd & boxing in general are a punchline for a minute...well Floyd is a punchline for a long time lol, but I think it just encourages more hybrid fights or fights between MMA guys & boxers if anything. I think it might actually be good for boxing FOR Floyd to get KO'd just like I thought it woulda been better if Manny beat him.

I think if Floyd lost all that happens in the long term is you got guys like Brook, Spence & Thurman (& others) saying let me see that Irish cat. And if this PPV is as big as I think it will be that means Conor is the new PPV king of boxing & his MMA career would be finished or at very least he'd be splitting his time between boxing & MMA I bet cuz the money he'd see & the UFC would see would be too good to pass up.

That said while its fun to speculate on this sorta sh^t I can't really see it happening. I think the best Conor does is get some sorta moral victory by winning a round maybe or lasting 12. He'd be super lucky to even hurt or drop Floyd let alone stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      I don't think it would bother him much at all, he is too into life and money and he is not drug fcked so he would think pretty straight.

He will just come out with excuses like Manny did as to why he lost, a bunch will believe it a bunch wont.

He got to the highest accomplishments in the history of boxing and rich beyond belief, for him to get beat now at 40, he would just say to himself father time got him, and live happily ever after.
                      Yea I agree. I think fans are way more f#cked up by fighters L or think fighters are more f#cked up by L's then they are. I think its some projecting type sh^t cuz the average cat if he gets his ass kicked randomly tomorrow it probably would f#ck up the image he has of himself.

But boxers are dealing with W's & L's for their whole career & seeing that all the time in their gyms with training partners & at fights as they await their time to go into the ring. A W doesn't mean as much & a L isn't as bad as fans wanna make it out to be I don't think. Don't feel good to lose, but I don't think 99% of guys give as much of a f#ck as fans think or wanna believe in a person like Floyd's case.

I suspect if Floyd lost we'd just get a Larry Holmes Rocky type comment if anything that it'd be fun to rewind from time to time. Maybe a Adrien Broner post Maidana exiting the arena clip or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X