No announcement yet.

Ducking Boys ASSEMBLE!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    its not a duck if you wait long enoguh to fight someone? so if floyd fights margarito now his ducking 12 years ago isn't ducking? what low standards you have. also people putting pressure on fighters is what makes fights happen. if they didnt do that they would fight bums and you would eat it up because you dont care
    Not if you want to build up the fight and make it a big PPV event, which benefits both parties.

Oscar asked GGG to wait 1.5 years before the Canelo fight was signed, he didn't ask to wait 5 years or 12 years. Let's not exaggerate here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
      circling back.....

IF canelo offered 3g a contract to sign AND 3g didnt like the numbers, how can it be assumed canelo was ''shook'' ?!?!? had 3g signed that contract, canelo would have tore it up ?!?!?!

sometimes the logic evades me
      I never said he was shook. Gbp just didn't want the fight. Dude ggg would have wrecked him. Now it's a better fight. I started hating on canelo because he was ducking ggg his mandatory and it's the most hyped fight. Now that he signed I'm a fan again I just think ggg is too strong for him.
      Ggg team messed up when they didn't take the $15 mil. They should have countered with $10 and 30% of the PPV but gpb didn't want to offer him any percentage which is ******ed cause ggg has a good fun base just not as big as canelo obvious

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        I never said he was shook. Gbp just didn't want the fight. Dude ggg would have wrecked him. Now it's a better fight. I started hating on canelo because he was ducking ggg his mandatory and it's the most hyped fight. Now that he signed I'm a fan again I just think ggg is too strong for him.
        Ggg team messed up when they didn't take the $15 mil. They should have countered with $10 and 30% of the PPV but gpb didn't want to offer him any percentage which is ******ed cause ggg has a good fun base just not as big as canelo obvious
        the bold stuff is just one fans pov. has nothing to do with why or why not a fight happens. the contract was there for 3g to sign and he didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
          He beat Cotto in November of 2015. The ggg fight was signed in late April early May of 2017 so technically 1.5 years. I believe this was the timeline Oscar had always given. Regardless of the months it really wasn't that long. It takes time for PPv matches to marinate.
          And ask yourself this, will the fight in September 2017 be bigger than it would have been in 2016?

not significantly, no.

what have they done to build it, and what makes you think they were building the fight during the period when they were crapping on it, claiming canelo wasn't a MW, etc. does that promote a fight? moving to another weight class and fighting a 154 lber, a 147 lber, and a sideshow cruiserweight who blows cocaine and somehow made 164?

they took easy money in the interim, did next to nothing to promote the fight, and waited until golovkin had aged. that was always the plan. ask yourself this, would oscar put his cash cow in with golovkin if he hadn't looked over the hill in his last two fights?

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
            Not if you want to build up the fight and make it a big PPV event, which benefits both parties.

Oscar asked GGG to wait 1.5 years before the Canelo fight was signed, he didn't ask to wait 5 years or 12 years. Let's not exaggerate here.

what did they do to build the fight other than claim to be 154 lbers, fight a welterweight and a god awful 154 lber, and a coked out daddy's boy who got handed his entire career as a marquee fighter?

they **** all over the fight until golovkin looked like ass twice. even dropped a mexican belt to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              what did they do to build the fight other than claim to be 154 lbers, fight a welterweight and a god awful 154 lber, and a coked out daddy's boy who got handed his entire career as a marquee fighter?

they **** all over the fight until golovkin looked like ass twice. even dropped a mexican belt to do it.
              I think you're smart enough to understand this fight was built to cater to the causal fans. Those casuals who gather once or twice a year usually for Cinco de Mayo and watch a boxing fight. Those fans don't know the difference between Khan or Chavez as far as weight or skill they just recognize the names. But what those fights allowed is for those fans who tune in once a year to hear about GGG, hear from hbo commentators and interviewers about how he's the next big threat to Canelo etc etc.
              That's why after the Chavez fight they brought in GGG WWE style.
              Last edited by JJRod; 05-20-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

im a ducking boy

Comment

Working...
                X