No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Vows Two-Year Ban To Pros Who Compete in Olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bs

WBC is scared because more pros will likely hold that Olymipic gold higher than getting a WBC belt. WBC just want to act like they rule the sport because it's the green belt.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
      2 years aint nothing lets be honest
      Depends on the pro and the age.

For Wlad it would end his career.

Pac wouldn't care.

Khan could use 2 years off to find his brains.

I honestly like this move. Wtf is your friend's kid going to have for Pacquiao? Some of these 18, 19 year old kids are going to get seriously hurt with some of these pros. There's no replacing YEARS of tutelage under some of the elite trainers..from guys who have hundreds of thousands to spend for training camp.

You can have a young kid facing off against f uckin GGG and Kovalev. Think anyone is going to beat Chocolatito? Rigondeaux? Lomachenko? These guys are even better and more ferocious than they were in the olympics. Loma is probably an exception as dude's always been that good and his fights were almost unfair lol. Not to mention he's not that far off from when he was last an amateur.

Some of these amateurs aren't ready to kill like the pros..it's just a hobby and a passion and we see it all the time where they dont even have the desire to go pro.
      Last edited by NearHypnos; 05-17-2016, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Thats great WBC guy, but how bout mfers who test positive for PEDs?
        I assumed it was about drug cheats before I finished reading the headline.

How is this a more important issue, and why would it warrant a longer ban than we typically see for steroid abuse in boxing?

Comment

Is boxing the only sport in the olympics where the best athletes in the world don't actually compete?

This isn't contesting anything here, it's just an anomaly I've never quite understood.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
            Is boxing the only sport in the olympics where the best athletes in the world don't actually compete?

This isn't contesting anything here, it's just an anomaly I've never quite understood.
            Other sports used to be amateur only...think...mens basketball. It went from amateurs in 88 (i believe id have to google) to the dream team in 92... And we all know how that went for the rest of the world once the lions were let loose on the rest of mostly amateur (college) like talent of the world.

The amount of experience, training, development, etc etc is too great and frankly it's unsafe. It isnt fair to an amateur 18 year old kid who's been boxing for at best 10 years or so in a completely different environment that a guy like kovalev has experience as a pro. You'd have a guy with 10 years experience against kids mostly his age, against a guy with 10 years as an amateur himself and another 10 as a pro fighting world champions and ranked proffesionals..spending months improving for each single fight...

Like they say..you dont play boxing.

Comment

this isn't basketball, or some weight lifting ****

you can't have some young amateur in there with a seasoned pro fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post

It's not the only sport. In soccer, only under 23 (age) players are allowed to compete and each team is only allowed 3 players over the age of 23.

Comment

Yeah no one cares wbc.

Let me see..... a ban from a corrupt organization with lil to no power or authority that not only doesn't pay you but actually makes you pay them.

Or win a gold medal for your country, get adoration, glory and probably money.

Hmmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chex31 View Post
                    this isn't basketball, or some weight lifting ****

you can't have some young amateur in there with a seasoned pro fighter
                    Then don't send amateurs.

Send your pros.

Comment

Good. What kind of coward ass professional boxer would take pride in beating up a bunch of teenage amateurs anyway?

Comment

Working...
                      X