Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does ginger take a risk with a Floyd fight looming?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    Yes he is and that is a certified fact
    It's a fact by The Ring's standards. Is that a certified "fact", though?

I mean, most look to The Ring's rankings for the standard of rankings. And have done for decades. I do, I still do to this very day. Mainly due to the historical strength of it. And the fact it's all I really know.

But on the same hand, it's a "Certified fact", according to The Ring, that Manny Pacquaio is the Fighter of the Decade. Is that a "fact" to you? It's not to me. I don't consider him fighter of the decade.

Just as to me, it's not a fact that Ali was the fighter of the decade for the 1960's. I see no reasonably way I would rank him above Tiger, Griffith or Ortiz for that decade. Yet, by The Ring's standards, it's a "certified fact".

Basically, my point is The Ring aren't always right and in this case with Canelo, they definitely are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Yeah, they've said that when I picked Trout over Cotto & when I picked Mares over Moreno too.

I don't forget though. I know ginger hasn't been in there with a natural jr middleweight with Angulo's type of power. I also don't recall seeing Angulo dangerously hurt outside of his fight with another murderous puncher in Kirkland.

I know why you're backing ginger. But don't call me delusional because I don't give him the benefit of the doubt just because he may be fighting your guy next. It is a fact ginger hasn't really proven anything at 154. Except he can beat European level fighters, old men & smaller fighters & or shot.
      Did you catch Angulo's last fight? I forget who he was fighting. But it wasn't a top fighter or a big puncher and he was hurt a few times by him.

I don't know man, pre Kirkland, I would without question lean on Angulo but right now? I think Canelo would stop him.

But, I'm interested to see how he handles Angulo's punch. He's never faced a legit Jr Middle with power so until that questions answered I really can't say.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        It's a fact by The Ring's standards. Is that a certified "fact", though?

I mean, most look to The Ring's rankings for the standard of rankings. And have done for decades. I do, I still do to this very day. Mainly due to the historical strength of it. And the fact it's all I really know.

But on the same hand, it's a "Certified fact", according to The Ring, that Manny Pacquaio is the Fighter of the Decade. Is that a "fact" to you? It's not to me. I don't consider him fighter of the decade.

Just as to me, it's not a fact that Ali was the fighter of the decade for the 1960's. I see no reasonably way I would rank him above Tiger, Griffith or Ortiz for that decade. Yet, by The Ring's standards, it's a "certified fact".

Basically, my point is The Ring aren't always right and in this case with Canelo, they definitely are not.
        Who's the FOTD to you and why???

Comment

Did you catch Angulo's last fight? I forget who he was fighting. But it wasn't a top fighter or a big puncher and he was hurt a few times by him.

I don't know man, pre Kirkland, I would without question lean on Angulo but right now? I think Canelo would stop him.

But, I'm interested to see how he handles Angulo's punch. He's never faced a legit Jr Middle with power so until that questions answered I really can't say.
          Yeah, that young kid. He sure could take a punch too!! Yeah Angulo did get cracked a few times. The way I figure it, he needed the rounds anyway. A lot of times those rounds are good learning. If Angulo did get tabbed for ginger, I'd expect a long fruit-full return to form cause he knows he doesn't have many more shots.

But yeah, the Angulo power is my reasoning behind supporting Angulo for this 1. It's not like ginger is a SRL, or Sweet Pea type of fighter. He gets hit, often. I'm certain Angulo will hurt him badly.

Comment

I was saying this before Cotto fought Trout, he isn't going to fight someone who can beat him with Mayweather out there. Trout deserves this fight, but I don't see anyway he'll get it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Who's the FOTD to you and why???
              What for the last decade? Mayweather.

I can't see how a fighter can be ranked at the top of P4P list, higher than anyone else for that decade for like 8 years of the decade by all legitmate rankings and not be the fighter of that decade.

But that's just my opinion.

As for the 60's, it's a toss up between Tiger, Griffith and Ortiz. Real hard to say, I'd probably go with Griffith.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Yeah, that young kid. He sure could take a punch too!! Yeah Angulo did get cracked a few times. The way I figure it, he needed the rounds anyway. A lot of times those rounds are good learning. If Angulo did get tabbed for ginger, I'd expect a long fruit-full return to form cause he knows he doesn't have many more shots.

But yeah, the Angulo power is my reasoning behind supporting Angulo for this 1. It's not like ginger is a SRL, or Sweet Pea type of fighter. He gets hit, often. I'm certain Angulo will hurt him badly.
                Yeah that's true, getting the rounds was a positive. I just think, if that young kid can crack, Angulo would have been in big trouble.

Just like Angulo will find Canelo, I think Canelo will find him and I think he will hurt him.

But you're right though. We know Angulo still has heavy hands and legit Jr Middleweight strength and power and we honestly don't know if Canelo will fold like a cheap chair or not once he's hit with it.

Comment

Yeah that's true, getting the rounds was a positive. I just think, if that young kid can crack, Angulo would have been in big trouble.

Just like Angulo will find Canelo, I think Canelo will find him and I think he will hurt him.

But you're right though. We know Angulo still has heavy hands and legit Jr Middleweight strength and power and we honestly don't know if Canelo will fold like a cheap chair or not once he's hit with it.
                  I think Canelo might do Angulo is a round or two. Not high on Canelo, but Angulo looks borderline shot already and he'll make Canelo look like Sugar Ray speed wise.

Comment

has canelo picked an opponent yet? it took like 2 weeks after ortiz lost to josesito to make the josesito vs canelo fight a done deal...but its been like 4 weeks now and still no word on whether he is planning on fighting trout...

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      I think Canelo might do Angulo is a round or two. Not high on Canelo, but Angulo looks borderline shot already and he'll make Canelo look like Sugar Ray speed wise.
                      I think it's possible. That's why he should fight these guys.

Imagine if going into a Mayweather fight in September he was coming off a 3rd round stoppage of somone like Kirkland or Angulo? Even though they aren't the best names at 154 it will still be a huge, impressive win to head into that fight with.

Comment

Working...
                      X