Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Prime Mark Henry compete in the current world strongest man comp?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Prime Mark Henry compete in the current world strongest man comp?

Mark Henry was 24 years old at 1996 when he retired as a professional strong man to compete at wrestling. And then he came back at 2001, with only 6 months of training to win the Arnold Classic competition, beating the current WSM. So at one point in history Mark Henry was indeed t he world strongest man.

But had a prime Mark Henry reached his full potential could he have beaten the current WSM contenders?

Mark Henry's biggest deadlift was 906 LBS
    and his biggest squat was 1000 LBS. That's when he wasn't even fully dedicating himself to strongman.
    He is credited for the biggest raw squat and raw power lifting total ever performed by a drug tested athlete, regardless of weight class.

He's basically the world strongest drug tested athlete.

No I'm afraid not because Mark was all natural and we all know today's competitors are roided to the gills

Comment

I remember Henry tried to lift the Thomas Inch dumbbell but couldn’t. ( well past his prime ) But then said with all confidence that’d he’d be back in a year and will do it, and he did. There’s a lot of technique in strongman events. There’s some awkward lifts, events. Henry seems like the type of person that would work at his weaknesses and I’m sure would be competitive in any era. Henry always looked knock kneed to me walking to the ring, yet he pulled off being a pro wrestler. I honestly don’t know how he stacks up athletically versus other strongmen. Still I think Big Z is the strongest man of all time. They did a truck pull and measured everyone’s heart rates after. Everyone’s was sky high, except Big Z’s ( Zydrunas Savickas ) which was insanely low. Holds the overhead press record also, which is basically the original and hardest lift in history.

Comment

Working...
      X