Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Decides To Part Ways With Abel Sanchez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be too late but NASIM RICHARDSON or VIRGIL HUNTER would be a smart move.

Comment

GGG will probably go with someone that’ll help him go back to the basics and work from there. Someone with fresh ideas that’ll help him work smarter not harder. Just like Kovalev did with his new trainer. This could be doom for Canelo in the 3rd fight if that’s the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
        Lol. Steve Rollssa
        F outta my face. Rolls is an undefeated lion and he is younger than Gennady. It will be fight of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Robert Garcia would be a good fit IMO
          After Robert Garica said GGG lost to canelo easily had it scored 8-4 canelo? lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            People saying he should hire Robert Garcia or Freddie Roach? Problem is if he fired Sanchez because he threw him under the bus and and because he doesn't think he won the fight....well Roach and Garcia also said Canelo whooped his azzz and won lol

The issue wasn't the trainer Sanchez told him to go to the body in the first fight he ignored him. Second fight Sanchez promised that wouldn't happen again even predicted a ko by body shot that he called the"ginger snap". Not only did GGG again refuse to listen to Sanchez and go to the body he backed up and ran from a Mexican Style fight that him and Sanchez begged for. Not fighting Mexican Style was the excuse they had for why GGG didn't look good in the first fight. Got his face broken and beat up Mexican Style in the rematch that wasn't because the trainer

The ******ed crap you post about GGG still surprises me, even though I've seen it all a hundred times before.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Sanchez literally told the entire world GGG didn't win the fight and punked out Mexican Style lol

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=792949

GGG trainer Able Sanchez answer when directly asked why GGG was backing up from Canelo after they demanded Mexican Style talk and was that the game plan you had.

“I wanted Golovkin to fight Canelo. If Canelo was gonna stand in the middle of the ring, I wanted him to fight Canelo. He decided it was better to do the things that he did." - Able Sanchez

Asked a follow up on why he did that

“If I start to make excuses about Golovkin, then I’m taking away from the victory of Canelo, and that’s ridiculous. We as coaches can only coach them and do the best we can in the gym and have a game plan. When we get in there, they see things that maybe are better for them. We can’t force them to do something they don’t want to do." - Able Sanchez

Sanchez threw GGG under the bus saying listen I told him what to do but GGG was shook don't blame this on me LMAO

So no shock he fired him only shock is he waited this long. Can't bring back a trainer that doesn't even think you won.
              Isn't it obvious even to you that Sanchez couldn't sell him on the game plan he came up with. The selling job has to be done well before the fight so the guys are on the same page. It's part of the trainers job to be in tune with his fighter. I always thought that Able's philosophy of "My fighters don't adjust to their opponents we force them to adjust to us" was asking for trouble. Then people point out that Golovkin doesn't adjust. Wow what a surprise. Golovkin is at fault also if that's the case because he should have asserted himself long ago. Go on the internet at video coming out of Canelo's gym. Then go look at video from Able's gym. Then ask yourself who is being creative. Canelo is practising defense combination punching and becoming an all round fighter. Sanchez has videos of Golovkin hitting the mitts with power and basically that's it. Now there is a video of him wrestling an overweight guy. WTF...I could have this all wrong but that's my impression and it's been my impression years before the Canelo fights.

Just to add. If Golovkin goes to a new trainer he is going to have to accept that he is there to learn. No ego or special treatment because he was 'The Man' in Able's gym. That stuff is gone..if it isn't he's in trouble.
              Last edited by TonyGe; 04-24-2019, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Abel had many a champion. Terry Norris for the casual fan. He’s not like mayweather sr, wards trainer, canellas trainers etc who are known just for 1 champ even if it is hof level

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Nacho and Golovkin is interesting but I doubt it
                  Nacho hates Canelo’s guts so it’s not too far fetched.

Comment

Name NASM long time trained champs? Lol not Hopkins for 3 fights. Fighters he developed same with hunter name one besides ward and begin go

Comment

Abel Sanchez's reply (taken from Kevin Iole's twitter):

Comment

Working...
                      X