Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Boxing Commission make Broner shave his beard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He always shave his beard for his fights stupid post.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      yeah, it's against the rules. Has been since the marques of queensbury rules were set. Not due to cushion though, that's a common myth. Number of reasons, mostly being the judges and referee need to see the jaw lines of the fighters to determine if a punch lands. Also, if your fighter got cut, a beard made it harder to repair, got sweat in there, etc. etc. goatees have been allowed by some commissions, all of them employ the "yankee rule" though (you're allowed a mustache"

I have noticed an influx of guys with star power getting away with it, and usually myself and a couple guys will mention it in the fight threads. You'll notice Fury has been forced to shave his beard before a number of fights. Broner also, who always sports a beard is always babyfaced in his matches also.

Also, I've never heard of the Sikh guy. I know there have been some muslim and Sikh fighters recently who have said they should be allowed beards for religious purposes, but the commissions have always stood firm and said "no" and then pointed at other muslim fighters who never wore beards (Naseem Hamed, Muhammad Ali, Etc.)
      Both Andrade and Akavov had beards in the ring tonight.

Comment

Per Dan Rafael on Twitter, he will have to shave per NSAC

Comment

Keep the Beard!

It'll be a big as* target for pacquiao haha

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
            Both Andrade and Akavov had beards in the ring tonight.
            Don’t know what to tell you. It’s still against the rules. I even mentioned in my post that places have become more lax than others, but I stand by my guarantee that Broner will be clean shaven.

Comment

Working...
            X