Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing promoters should form a pact to recognise one organisation belt.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing promoters should form a pact to recognise one organisation belt.

Eddie Hearn, Bob Arum, Mayweather, Haymon, Frank Warren, Di Bella, K2, Main Events and Ringstar sports, should sign a pact that they will only recognise for example the WBC World Title belt.

In return, the WBC must sign an agreement that they will include all fighters in their rankings.

In order to make this work, the WBC would need to order certain fights straight away ,ranking the current champions in the other organisations from 2-4. They must also scrap their Diamond, Emeritus and Silver Titles.

For example, they must order Manny Pacquiao vs Brook/Spence for the WBC interim World Championship.
    The winner of this fight, must fight the winner of Thurman v Garcia.

They must order Golovkin/Jacobs to fight Billy Joe Saunders etc.

Thoughts?

I think boxing should just have 3 titles instead of 5, abolish the WBO and WBA Regular and we should be good

Comment

The problem with this is it is only the fans who would be helped as promoters, boxers and the organisations all benefit from the current system too much to change. For instance Eubank jr despite never fighting at super middleweight before his last fight against an unknown novice now calls himself a world champion despite his belt not being recognised outside his own house.

Comment

Yeah that's not gonna happen. Like ever. Would be nice for us fans but if as a promoter you can get your guy to pick up a trinket and market him as a world champion, then that's what you do.

Comment

Considering the promoters benefit the most from having so many belts, not gonna happen. They'll never agree to give up the right to claim their fighter is the real world champion.

Comment

LOL I think you got a better chance to herd cats across your city than you'd have of getting all the major promoters to agree on something like this.

I was speculating earlier doe that a small group like Haymon, Hearn, that AIBA guy & Ryabinsky could take over boxing if they all teamed up. Plus they got the major regions for boxing & boxing talent covered so they could divide up the pie nicely. Although in fairness my idea is only slightly less fantasyland then yours.

Comment

Or maybe, like how the title belt from The Ring was long considered the real championship, the Transnational Boxing Ratings Board can make and start handing out title belts of their own, since a lot of people are behind these newer, unbiased rankings that have come about recently.
              Last edited by Anthony342; 02-25-2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Bob Arum would never agree to it. He has the WBO in his pocket and can get his guys high rankings with that organization seemingly whenever he wants.

Comment

Pipe dream.

Comment

I agree. Boxing needs some kind of overall governing body.

Comment

Working...
                    X