Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leonard Ellerbe: what exactly is his role and do you think he makes money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonard Ellerbe: what exactly is his role and do you think he makes money?

Is he actually making a good living by being Floyd's manager?

I think he's the guy running Mayweather Promotions these days more than he's Floyd's manager. I remember they had him working with Schaefer more in the last couple Floyd fights & Floyd *****ed him out a couple times for f#cking up some things (like defending two weight division titles being on the line vs Maidana which Floyd didn't want to do).

I'm not sure exactly how much a promoter makes, but I'm feeling like Ellerbe isn't making Arum, Todd Jr. or Oscar money (in $ or %) & that goes well beyond the fact GBP & TR are much better promotions than Mayweather Promotions.

Comment

same role as Michael Konz at first being Floyds manager..now he has been upgraded to president of Mayweather Promotions

Comment

I can't stand that fucing kiss ass. He goes way overboard bragging on Mayweather as if he was a god, the greatest fighter in history and the soul savior of boxing. He is Mayweather's very loyal an valuable assistant on just about everything and I am sure Mayweather pays him well for the great job he does. Just about every time you see Mayweather you see Ellerbe. Ellerbe looks after him like a mother hen. I doubt anybody could do a better job of looking after Mayweather's interests.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I can't stand that fucing kiss ass. He goes way overboard bragging on Mayweather as if he was a god, the greatest fighter in history and the soul savior of boxing. He is Mayweather's very loyal an valuable assistant on just about everything and I am sure Mayweather pays him well for the great job he does. Just about every time you see Mayweather you see Ellerbe. Ellerbe looks after him like a mother hen. I doubt anybody could do a better job of looking after Mayweather's interests.
          Save some of that vitriol for Micheal Koncz.....

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Is he actually making a good living by being Floyd's manager?
            Leonard Ellerbe is the day-to-day operator for Mayweather Promotions (not all that different a role than what Richard Schaefer had at Golden Boy, with the exception being that Floyd seems to have interest in being more involved than Oscar was while he was on his bender).

Beyond that, I do get the sense that Ellerbe was also the day-to-day business "troubleshooter" while Floyd was still boxing (think Koncz).

However much money he ended up making is between him, Floyd, and the IRS

Comment

sitting on Floyd's feet while he does sit ups is a 6 figure job, probably

Comment

I don't know, always wondered this.

He looks like such a piece of **** too. With the fake teeth and evil smiles.

I hope boxing dies so we don't have to see such **** come across such large amounts of money.

Comment

floyds first true Love. He probably makes 10 dollars a day.

Comment

I've heard he makes 1k a year for every one of Floyd's wins so I guess he's up to 49k now.

Comment

Working...
                    X