No announcement yet.

Do you lend friends money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you lend friends money?

yes or no and what's the maximum you would lend. A friend is asking for a 5 thousand dollars loan. He used to make 6 figures like me but has been out of job for more than 6 months now. He'll most likely get another 6 figure job once our industry pick up which is probably early to mid next year. Right now he's working minimum wage to make ends meet because his unemployment is gone after 6 months. I want to help him but 5 thousand seems a lot. He's a stand up guy though so I'm sure he'll pay me once he get his job back.

He also has a family and a house.

Comment

I've lent friends all the time, I actually helped one of my friends $10,000 and refused to take anything back cause I do good, I own a few buisness's and they run themselves I just chill at home

Comment

It depends. I have friends who I have lent money to and they didn't pay me back. I'm still friends with the person but I will never ever lend them money again. I also lent my brother 5K about 3 years ago and his wife has been paying back in small increments of $120 per month. She has never missed a payment and I wouldn't mind loaning them money again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          I've lent friends all the time, I actually helped one of my friends $10,000 and refused to take anything back cause I do good, I own a few buisness's and they run themselves I just chill at home
          I would lend my family $10000 but never a friend. I think that's too much money

Comment

Some additional advice: maybe you can set it up as a formal promissory note that bears interest and is to be paid back in monthly payments over a specified period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
              yes or no and what's the maximum you would lend. A friend is asking for a 5 thousand dollars loan. He used to make 6 figures like me but has been out of job for more than 6 months now. He'll most likely get another 6 figure job once our industry pick up which is probably early to mid next year. Right now he's working minimum wage to make ends meet because his unemployment is gone after 6 months. I want to help him but 5 thousand seems a lot. He's a stand up guy though so I'm sure he'll pay me once he get his job back.
              If he lends me his azz o jizz in. How much lumpia do you need to post less??

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Some additional advice: maybe you can set it up as a formal promissory note that bears interest and is to be paid back in monthly payments over a specified period of time.
                No I don't like that. This is a friend.

We do have a lot of loan sharks in my country with interest of up to 20% per month.

Comment

I front people does that count???

I only have about two friends I'd lend $ to, along with like one of my girls friend I'd be willing to.

Comment

Yes, without question

Comment

Working...
                    X