Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should hitting the heavybag be completely painless?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    You probably don't know how to wrap hands, and you definitely don't know how to wrap YOUR hands.

Make sure your using The long Mexican wraps (ever last usually makes them in yellow) don't use those Chinese pieces of ****.

Also every find a trainer to do it for you so you can see how he does it. Practice doing it yourself to see what feels right.

It took me probably close to 3 yeArs to figure out the perfect way to wrap my hands. Even when it wasn't perfect though, I never hurt my knuckles though.

Also, your probably using crappy gloves, invest in a decent pair on bag gloves.
    That is correct, I don't really know how to wrap hands. I've watched people do it on youtube. However, I can wrap them decent enough so that they provide some protection (I've hit the bag with and without them).

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      Painless and boxing dont belong in the same sentence. Toughen up.
      That's what I'm thinking, but I wanted to ask on here first. I don't want to mess me hands up.

Comment

Originally posted by DMD3 View Post
        That is correct, I don't really know how to wrap hands. I've watched people do it on youtube. However, I can wrap them decent enough so that they provide some protection (I've hit the bag with and without them).
        Don't hit the bag without them, once you learn to generate real power, you can really screw your wrist up or your hand by hitting the bag without wraps.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          Don't hit the bag without them, once you learn to generate real power, you can really screw your wrist up or your hand by hitting the bag without wraps.
          Agreed. I'm concerned about messing up my hands even WITH them on (hence the reason for starting this topic).

Comment

Time, I can basically punch concrete and it doesn't hurt. My knuckles have been busted up and I have had the boxers break. Your hands just need years of abuse to build calcium and strength.

Just like if a Muay Thai guys chins are rock solid. It doesn't happen over night.

Comment

Working...
            X