Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people giving props to Pacquiao because...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people giving props to Pacquiao because...

"he did what he was supposed to do against Algieri." Should we now be giving Danny Garcia props for doing what he was supposed to do against Rod Salka? Now, I am not saying that Algieri/Salka are on a similar level, my point is that fighters should not be be given praise for cherry picking, period.

He could have at least fought Amir Khan as his team was approached by Khan's team but his team didn't really reply or even try to acknowledge the approach that was made. The fight would have made a lot more sense.

Instead, he fought a 140 pound champion because "he was too small for 147" even though the fight took place at a catch weight of 144lbs which counts as a 147 pound fight.

Algieri was also the greenest and arguably the weakest champion at 140 as well. He had never even fought out of New York. Compare that to Pacquiao who is a champion in the strongest division in boxing, a fighter that has fought in different places and a fighter that is p4p no. 1/2 in the world.

Yes, he did what he was supposed to do which is fine and dandy but I am a proponent of making boxing a structured sport where fighters fight the guys they are supposed to be fighting.Pacquiao/Algieri was a step in the wrong direction and another black eye on the sport (as was Mayweather/Maidana and Danny Garcia/Rod Salka).
    Last edited by Pugilist95; 12-29-2014, 09:36 AM.

Don't worry my friend. Anybody with any sense realises it was a complete mis-match that should never have taken place. I like Pacquiao if he keeps letting Arum control him in to fights like this, then he is a disgrace also. If he fights Vargas, he needs to get out boxing along with Arum.

Comment

Wait until you see Pacquiao's next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilist95 View Post
        "he did what he was supposed to do against Algieri." Should we now be giving Danny Garcia props for doing what he was supposed to do against Rod Salka? Now, I am not saying that Algieri/Salka are on a similar level, my point is that fighters should not be be given praise for cherry picking, period.

He could have at least fought Amir Khan as his team was approached by Khan's team but his team didn't really reply or even try to acknowledge the approach that was made. The fight would have made a lot more sense.

Instead, he fought a 140 pound champion because "he was too small for 147" even though the fight took place at a catch weight of 144lbs which counts as a 147 pound fight.

Algieri was also the greenest and arguably the weakest champion at 140 as well. He had never even fought out of New York. Compare that to Pacquiao who is a champion in the strongest division in boxing, a fighter that has fought in different places and a fighter that is p4p no. 1/2 in the world.

Yes, he did what he was supposed to do which is fine and dandy but I am a proponent of making boxing a structured sport where fighters fight the guys they are supposed to be fighting.Pacquiao/Algieri was a step in the wrong direction and another black eye on the sport (as was Mayweather/Maidana and Danny Garcia/Rod Salka).
        Even before the bell rang a lot of hardcore Pac fans claimed it was a shyt fight

Comment

The level of ignorance amuses me!

Salka...
          The fight was fought at a 142 CW with a fighter (Salka) whos never beaten ANYONE....EVER worth a flying shlt. He wasnt a title holder nor was one at stake. Prop that if you want to. Not many do!

Algieri...
          The fight was a title fight. Algieri earned the shot by beating a world champ who earned his title. Manny as usual fought a bigger guy who towered over him. Fight was fought for a World title shot. Yeah he gets props...

For me...I hated the fight. despite what i thought of the fight and how bad the fight being made sucked...Algieri did earn his shot...I still think hes a bum. But he had his shot to prove other wise. He fought the greatest fighter in the sport...Salka didnt!

Comment

We, fightfans wants him to fight mayweather but floyd is so reluctant..

its not Pacs fault if he makes Algerie looks like an amateur in tat fight

Comment

The people that defend Pacquiao fighting Algieri and soon to be Vargas are the same people who say Mayweather cherry picks and should fight GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilist95 View Post

Manny's core fans only want to see him win, preferably by KO. When other people fight they create these crazy standards for competition.

If you want to know what posters really think of any Manny opponent, have them fight Floyd or Broner. The difference in opinion will be like night and day.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  Even before the bell rang a lot of hardcore Pac fans claimed it was a shyt fight
                  they were only a very small minority of pacfans....the vast majority of them were defending it just like they defended rios and will defend vargas once that fight is made. some of them had the nerve to compare a bum like algieri to maidana.....phucking pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by OutClassed View Post
                    We, fightfans wants him to fight mayweather but floyd is so reluctant..

its not Pacs fault if he makes Algerie looks like an amateur in tat fight
                    Spare us the bull****. If you wanna believe that Mayweather is ducking then that's your business. But that's no excuse for such an unbelievably ****ty opponent. Same with Rios. And same with Vargas or any other trash mindless Manny signs on to.

Comment

Working...
                    X