Collapse
No announcement yet.

The WBC seems set to completely derail the Cotto/Canelo fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo got Schooled by Lara and Lara got robbed. Canelo did not earn a fight with Cotto. Cotto had an offer on the table to either fight Canelo or Martinez. He decided to pick the cherry that we all at the time did not think was a cherry pick

Comment

they had to do this. there was no way cotto was going to beat legit mw rubio who was the real mandatory. cotto can fight canelo if he wants to but basically its correct to have rubio as a champ v ggg. he was ducked, and would have beat cotta. so will andly lee

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        Hey I am not complaining. I hope they get GGG to clean up the Middeweight division.
        Oh, my bad. I mustve misinterpreted it. Your "red carpet treatment" comment threw me off.

Comment

If you have MW belt......a MW opponent is fair game.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            If you have MW belt......a MW opponent is fair game.
            Amen. And Canelo is not a middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              Oh, my bad. I mustve misinterpreted it. Your "red carpet treatment" comment threw me off.

What I mean by that was up until now, they have been dead set against multiple belt champions, but seem to now be paving a road for Golovkin to win their belt also. They are actually setting it up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                GGG vs Cotto actually makes sense when it comes to weight. Broner vs Canelo makes no sense at all. I am down to see Broner school Lucas Matthysse. Easy work.
                broner seems to be bigger than floyd plus he trash talked canelo before...

Comment

WBC backtracked already.

"Miguel Cotto has an authorised major fight for May 2015, with the winner of that fighting against the winner of Golovkin versus Rubio," Sulaiman told Wold Boxing News without revealing who cotto will face in nine months time.
                  http://www.world boxingnews.net/news/2014/08/24/sulaiman-major-fight-for-cotto-in-may-2015-then-golovkin-v-rubio-winner.html

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    WBC backtracked already.

http://www.world boxingnews.net/news/2014/08/24/sulaiman-major-fight-for-cotto-in-may-2015-then-golovkin-v-rubio-winner.html
                    LOL so typical

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                      Canelo got Schooled by Lara and Lara got robbed. Canelo did not earn a fight with Cotto. Cotto had an offer on the table to either fight Canelo or Martinez. He decided to pick the cherry that we all at the time did not think was a cherry pick
                      you mean that track & field school??
                      ill break your face...
                      if you catch me...

Comment

Working...
                      X