Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do fighters with power get hyped up without proving themselves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    Posters on here hype up Kovalev and GGG and were hyping up Mattysee and none of these 3 have done anything to deserve the hype... mattysee is the only one to step up to world class comp and got his ass kicked in from over over 2 million people and you still have people making excuses for him....GGG and Kovalev have not beaten anyone close to elite and GGG even refusesd a Ward, Lara fight but chose to fight Chavez jr?? really and this is ok?? But when elite fighters fight other champions it is somehow called a cherrypick? even if they move up and fight other champions?? this forum is confusing and ridiculous.
    is this serious question?? it's very logical that people/casual fans drawn to puncher just like we afraid when we hear real lion roar or gunshot.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Posters on here hype up Kovalev and GGG and were hyping up Mattysee and none of these 3 have done anything to deserve the hype... mattysee is the only one to step up to world class comp and got his ass kicked in from over over 2 million people and you still have people making excuses for him....GGG and Kovalev have not beaten anyone close to elite and GGG even refusesd a Ward, Lara fight but chose to fight Chavez jr?? really and this is ok?? But when elite fighters fight other champions it is somehow called a cherrypick? even if they move up and fight other champions?? this forum is confusing and ridiculous.
      I was really going to respond to this, but then I say your sig and I said to myself, "what of Floyd really did hit Mann with that vicious straight right and drop him like warquez did, NSB would go crazy!!!!"

Comment

would u rather watch shaq dunking on ppl or tim duncan laying it up/off the backboard?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          The same reason you hyped up Broner. His snake appealed to you, same way puncher's style appeals to the masses.
          fixed it 4 u.

Comment

I'm not quite sure why fighters with big KO records are so routinely dismissed as just heavy handed brawlers - as if setting up and knocking out a guy who's trying to do the same to you doesn't take a special type of skill or somehow the only way of being skillful is to pick apart a guy over 12 rounds,

I'm quite sure Larry would be ecstatic if Floyd was getting KOs in every fight and would explain at great length how they were the result of Floyds incredible skills - which I don't think anyone is questioning.

And whilst Heavy Hitters do unquestionably get people excited, Broner got as much or more hype - certainly way more than Kovalev - without being seen as a particularly big hitter (although his KOs were undeniably a source of much praise and excitement amongst his fans - so perhaps he should also be on the list).

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Apache View Post
              And this is the sad state of affairs.
              Amen brother.

Comment

translation. why do non slick...non - boring style get so much love. the agenda is quite obvious from TS.

Comment

I prefer watching Lob City over the fuck ass Pacers that's for sure.

Comment

b cause they white...

lol

Comment

Working...
                    X