17-Year Old Boxer Collapses And Dies After Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17-Year Old Boxer Collapses And Dies After Bout

Description taken from LiveLeak

Teenage boxer Tubagus Sakti collapses after losing by TKO to Ical Tobida in the eighth round of a bout for the KTPI junior flyweight title in Jakarta. He was rushed to the hospital and later died of a brain hemorrhage.

The TKO happens at 1:24, showing Sakti raising his hands to signal that he has stopped fighting but getting punched by Tobida several times before the referee could stop the match. The rest of the video shows Sakti being treated while spectators watch

Last edited by Fuzzy-101; 01-30-2013, 03:01 PM.

wow! r.i.p.

Comment

i hope floyd didnt see this...

Comment

The teenager was contesting his 5th professional bout while challenging for the Minimum Weight title of some country, the champion had 30 sum bouts. Not many 17 year old bodies are ready to fight 12 full rounds, they might have the endurance but their bodies aren't old enough (nor strong enough) to have built that great stamina to fight for 12 rounds. And 12 championship rounds at that.

Blame is to be appointed here in just about everyones involvement in this bout and I havent even seen the fight to make my mind up as to the referees handling of the fight.

I see a promoter, biting his nails as his title bout promtotion was in jeopardy of being cancelled after his scheduled opponent had fallen out. Who's that kid, the one out of X with only 4 bouts. We'll take what we can get.

I see a nieve or blinded trainer/manager looking at a dream that could possibly come true. The possible fame and fortune blinding him to the facts infront of his face.

I see a comission lacking in the general knowledge of the sport allowing such a dangerous and overmatched bout to even take place. No title fight, no commision for that sanctioning body. See the image I'm painting here.

Just a guess, rip fallen fighter..........Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 01-30-2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

the ref did his job perfectly..........Rockin'

Comment

Very sad to hear about a boxer's death, even worse he was so young. This kid was only 17 and he lost his life in the ring. R.I.P.

Comment

I thought it was another one i was thinking Again ? But already saw this when it was originally posted on the news some disturbing shit feel bad for the kid im sure those two last shots did him in because he wasn't defending himself, rip.

Comment

Working...
              X