Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Hopkins' Shoulder Really Dislocated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post
    explain the report by dr sam thurber tweeted by dan rafael that i showed in the video that reads "dislocation".
    An AC Joint Dislocation which is what the doctor's report stated is NOT the same thing as a shoulder dislocation. Two completely different injuries. The more usual term for AC dislocation is 'AC separation' or 'shoulder separation.' It is NOT the same thing as a dislocated shoulder and can be faked because the main test other than MRI involves the doctor checking for pain in certain areas and asking how it happened. When he gets an MRI it will show it there was really any damage and if so to what extent. The one thing that's certain is that he could've continued if he wanted to because people have continued with actual dislocations (once they've been popped back in) so there's no reason why he couldn't have continued with a low grade separation. I haven't gone through the whole thread to see if anyone's already explained all this so I apologize if it's a repeat.
    Last edited by chaos; 10-19-2011, 01:48 AM.

Comment

It just feel like he was in no pain to me, the acting was wack want to see someone get injured really bad

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
        why would he fake a injury to get out of a fight and lose his title?
        He was looking for a no contest. That's why he was bewildered when he found out that he was losing his title.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
          really? i thought hopkins posted pictures that showed it as separation. . . also, the initial article on boxingscene stated it was AC separation. . . *shrugs*

haha ay are you mr opal from youtube? dude your videos are CLASSIC! CLASSIC!

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            Dan Raphael may not know that a separation is completely different from a dislocation. A separation can be merely a strained tendon, not visible on Xray, whereas a disclocation is an actual removal of the ball of the humerus from the shallow socket, and very visible on Xray. A fighter could fight with a separation, but not with a dislocation. I fall from a bike onto the pavement, got a dislocation; also the ball was cracked in 3 places....... I haven't had full arm/shoulder movement since.

I used to play rugby with a fellow (he was also a very good boxer) whose shoulder would dislocate sometimes more than once in a match. We had a couple of doctors on the team and it would be attended to on the spot. Painful but instant.

I'll be very surprised if Hopkins had a dislocation, and believe, before the announcement, (if we ever get it- a doctor is not allowed to discuss a patient's condition without his permission, and many would not anyway) that Hopkins was playing up for all he was worth. It was he who initiated the whole action by deliberately throwing himself across Dawson 's back and pushing him down.

I'd siill be doubtful, especially if it is Hopkins or his team who issues the report. If it were to be untrue, the doctor can't contradict him anyway.
            What do you mean Dan Rafael might not know the difference? The doctor made the report... not Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos View Post
              An AC Joint Dislocation which is what the doctor's report stated is NOT the same thing as a shoulder dislocation. Two completely different injuries. The more usual term for AC dislocation is 'AC separation' or 'shoulder separation.' It is NOT the same thing as a dislocated shoulder and can be faked because the main test other than MRI involves the doctor checking for pain in certain areas and asking how it happened. When he gets an MRI it will show it there was really any damage and if so to what extent. The one thing that's certain is that he could've continued if he wanted to because people have continued with actual dislocations (once they've been popped back in) so there's no reason why he couldn't have continued with a low grade separation. I haven't gone through the whole thread to see if anyone's already explained all this so I apologize if it's a repeat.
              This is an AC Joint Dislocation. Did Hopkins' shoulder look like any of these?

Comment

.......cont

Comment

Yes. It was dislocated. ESPN had reported that it was.

Thing is. It's not that bad of an injury. Most athletes just tell them to pop it right back in and they continue doing their thing.

Hopkins loss face with that incident. If he was real he would have told them to pop it back in. Instead he lets it be ended. I mean, if a college runningback at oregon can pop his elbow back in place HIMSELF. I am sure Hopkins could have continued.

He said he would continue with one arm but did he?

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Yes. It was dislocated. ESPN had reported that it was.

Thing is. It's not that bad of an injury. Most athletes just tell them to pop it right back in and they continue doing their thing.

Hopkins loss face with that incident. If he was real he would have told them to pop it back in. Instead he lets it be ended. I mean, if a college runningback at oregon can pop his elbow back in place HIMSELF. I am sure Hopkins could have continued.

He said he would continue with one arm but did he?
                    He didnt have to pop it back in for me, all he had to do was GET up, which of course he didnt want to

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      He didnt have to pop it back in for me, all he had to do was GET up, which of course he didnt want to
                      I see what you mean.

If he would have popped it back in. He would have been able to continue.

Comment

Working...
                      X