No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley was downright biased and terrible during the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Lampley was downright biased and terrible during the fight

I never seen a guy so pro fighter. I mean he was going nuts everytime Ortiz landed a punch yet the majority of them missed. Here's a perfect example.

He seemed to realize what Floyd was doing and was hyping Ortiz up to make his inevitable destruction more dramatic.

He's a loves creating tension and drama in order to capture great moments.

My take.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      He seemed to realize what Floyd was doing and was hyping Ortiz up to make his inevitable destruction more dramatic.

He's a loves creating tension and drama in order to capture great moments.

My take.
      Could be true, and yet he was like this from round 1.

Comment

The day Lampley retires is the day I stop requesting fights with HBO commentary.

Comment

When a so called expert is calling a fight and all he can say is look how big Ortiz's back looks, that makes me turn the volume down.

The guy is just a tool. He knows nothing about boxing.
          Larry Merchant knows nothing about boxing.

Comment

he did the same thing in the pacquiao marquez fight

Comment

Originally posted by Gotteskrieger View Post
              The day Lampley retires is the day I stop requesting fights with HBO commentary.
              I normally have no issues with Lampey. But his commentary for this fight was downright terrible. It can't go unnoticed. I mean how do you defend the clip I posted?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                I never seen a guy so pro fighter. I mean he was going nuts everytime Ortiz landed a punch yet the majority of them missed. Here's a perfect example.

I have seen a lot of Floyd's fights and a lot of Lampley's commentary on those. He is usually quite lavish in his praise of Floyd and his style and skill. Maybe I am missing the nuances, but you showed a very small clip of Jim's remarks about Ortiz as though it is wrong of him to compliment Floyd's opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post

floyd landed a right and he said good left cross by Ortiz that was 2 feet away from landing..lol

Comment

He was very bias towards Martinez in the first PW-Martinez fight.

But he still calls a dramatic moment better than anyone in the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X