Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i am american, american public should support me--floyd!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Are you American? And, if so is that the reason why you support Floyd?
    Flawless is Australian.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
      I'm black and I'm a Pac fan? Is that refreshing?
      I think most Mayweather fans are fans of Pac too but we find ourselves defending Floyd as a boxer then we spend giving Pac props. Look at these threads here, Pac fans make it hard to agree with them on anything because it's mostly hate based.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Pimpin View Post
        I think most Mayweather fans are fans of Pac too but we find ourselves defending Floyd as a boxer then we spend giving Pac props. Look at these threads here, Pac fans make it hard to agree with them on anything because it's mostly hate based.
        I agree that it is challenging sometimes not to choose a side on this site.

fans are so polarized here that its almost infectious...

But I'm still a fan of both

Comment

Americans won't get behind Floyd, we have too much talent to get behind just one guy. Even if the talent pool was low he wouldn't get full support because of the way he acts. If Floyd wanted his countries respect he should of went about his career a little bit differently.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
            the moment someone wants to throw up their flag, it becomes that by default. Manny has said how he represents his people each time he enters the ring, what does that tell you?

Nationalism is apart of boxing and its apart of Mannys appeal to his stateside fanbase. Think about that "mexicutioner" **** we hear every week, its ALWAYS been about nationlism with the pinoys (the american ones as well) and whoever manny is fighting.

Everyone seems to have an issue when rallying for american support. Basically as i said in another thread, anyone can say "i want my fellow mexicans.." or "i want my fellow brits to come out and support me"

but when an american does it, its seen as some desperate manuver, or maybe its just floyd i dont know.

Real talk !!!

I think we as Americans are spoiled. We are so used to being the best we don't care too much anymore. If we fall off and get pissed enough with the taunting of other nationalities the support will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post
              uh,

you do realize you're talking about someone who flaunts his riches to a public that is not having the best of times financially right?

People don't like an *******,

they especially don't like a rich one who brags about his money even less.

He wanted to be the villain.

His country sees him as such.

He got exactly what he asked for,
              so whats the problem again?

This is the best argument against Floyd thus far.

I've got to admit he did ask for it but then again America is always been the ******* with the Floyd like record.

In other words if you still support our government then you should support Floyd the same. This is a weird statement for me to make because I'd have to contradict myself in all honesty.

Comment

I didn't remember seeing Tyson beg for American support with his bouts with Bruno and Lewis. I don't remember seeing Mosley beg for American support with his bouts with Cotto and Margarito. I don't remember Paul Williams beg for American support with his bout with Martinez.

I don't remember seeing Floyd beg for American support with his bout with Hatton and Marquez nor did I saw Floyd's corner/entourage wave an American flag. Why beg now?

Maybe if Floyd enter the ring with Real American as his theme, he'll get support...
                I am a real American
                Fight for the rights of every man
                Fight for whats right
                Fight all your life

Comment

Originally posted by ALG United View Post
                  You claim yourself as a pinoy-american who happens to be more in love with floyd than manny or any pinoy boxer for that matter. I don't have no problem with that, i can see you hate manny, but for you to downgrade other pinoy boxers who have done considerable achievements is outright racism and its even more painful hearing that from a fellow pinoy, if you are really filipino or are you just a pig in a *** costume. You're even worst than al haymon typecasting ALL pinoys as dog eaters. Well **** you RACIST INDIO!!!
                  Pac is the only one that matter tbh. I can't even name any others. I know he's got a little brother that fights but he sucks right ?

Pac is the **** and that's as far as I'll go.

Where are the other achievements and who are the achievers ?
                  It's just a reality, I credited it to Pinoy's being under exposed and maybe that will change now but it won't change the past.

News Flash: Boxing history has been written and thus far there's only 1 Pinoy boxer that matters and that's Pac. This is why Pac is matching up with Money...ya dig ?

I'm sure Manny won't be the last great Pinoy boxer but don't bash dude because your in denial. Let's be honest half of you guys just signed up on NSB 6 months ago and that's because of one man.....

There is nobody else

I'm sure there will be though

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                    the moniker he was given wasnt on him, i didint mean to imply that, but manny fights for the phillipiines, yea he has non filipino fans, i know this, but im sorry, when you walk into the ring, filipino flag, filipino trunks etc, with floyd having been an american who he himself represented our country in atlanta, he has every right to rally other americans to his side. im not saying nationlism is a center issue, but when it was "the phillipines vs puerto rico" everyone was ok with it. Why is it, all of the sudden, its not "the phillipines vs america" its... "the phillipines vs floyd mayweather".

Its not about him not appreciating his non-pinoy fanbase at all. most of this is not on manny, but the fact is, when you rub another flag in my face, im sorry brother, im a veteran, any flag that aint my own is someone elses.
                    /thread

Complete shut down....thank you !!!

Comment

Originally posted by rabad View Post
                      I didn't remember seeing Tyson beg for American support with his bouts with Bruno and Lewis. I don't remember seeing Mosley beg for American support with his bouts with Cotto and Margarito. I don't remember Paul Williams beg for American support with his bout with Martinez.

I don't remember seeing Floyd beg for American support with his bout with Hatton and Marquez nor did I saw Floyd's corner/entourage wave an American flag. Why beg now?

Maybe if Floyd enter the ring with Real American as his theme, he'll get support...
                      I am a real American
                      Fight for the rights of every man
                      Fight for whats right
                      Fight all your life
                      After the way they came through on the Hatton fight I was pissed there was not near as much American support in Vegas that night.

Comment

Working...
                      X