Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Verdejo Says He Will Face Terry Flanagan For WBO Title Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    Man the hopes were so high for Verdejo.

Crazy how not one Puerto Rican since Cotto has really put himself on the boxing map. Never Would of predicted that.
    Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
    Sink or swim time for Verdejo.
    Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
    If Verdejo dont dominate or beat Flanagan easy he should quit... Simple as that.
    I 100% agree with all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd Junior View Post
      You guys are friggin' fickle. A few months ago Flanagan was terrible and Verdejo would beat him up.

And now Flanagan stretches him lol.

Verdejo has been lack-lustre and I question his commitment to the sport. But he's 10x the talent that Flanagan is and he should still get by him even on his worst day
      Yeah 33 wins and 13 KO's doesn't scream out like a guy who's gonna stretch many fighters out. I mean maybe he's catching Verdejo at a good time when he's 23 years old and still has to learn and sharpen his skills more but I don't think he stops Verdejo. If anything Verdejo has a punchers chance here and i'm leaning towards him to win regardless. By stoppage or decision.

Comment

Any decent prospects to get excited about from PR? Can't remember the last time PR boxing has been so quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Yeah 33 wins and 13 KO's doesn't scream out like a guy who's gonna stretch many fighters out. I mean maybe he's catching Verdejo at a good time when he's 23 years old and still has to learn and sharpen his skills more but I don't think he stops Verdejo. If anything Verdejo has a punchers chance here and i'm leaning towards him to win regardless. By stoppage or decision.
          Dude, did you see Flanagan's last night? He looked worse than anything Verdejo has ever showed.

So if we're going to critique or put down Verdejo's chances to due recent performances, the same should be applied to Flanagan.

If Verdejo turns up even 70% of his best, he should win.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
            Any decent prospects to get excited about from PR? Can't remember the last time PR boxing has been so quiet.
            Emmanuel Rodriguez and Angel Acosta (Both got title fights next)...

Comment

Dude, did you see Flanagan's last night? He looked worse than anything Verdejo has ever showed.

So if we're going to critique or put down Verdejo's chances to due recent performances, the same should be applied to Flanagan.

If Verdejo turns up even 70% of his best, he should win.
              I said i'm leaning towards Verdejo to win by stoppage or decision.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                I made this comment before when someone asked the same question so I'm gonna post it again.

Well i will make a little breakdown.
                I think they had only one boxer in Rio, Jeyvier Cintron, the guy is a quality boxer, maybe world class.
                Sadly, his isn't the luckiest guy.
                Back in 2012 He went to the olympics at 17 YEARS OLD, losing against the eventual bronze medalist, two time world champion and silver medalist in Rio, Misha Aloyan (he lost the silver in Rio because was caught in the doping tests).
                He later was moved back again to the youth ranks because the aiba changed his rules (only guys older than 19 could fight in an open event).
                But he came back in Rio and lost a really close fight against a kazak boxer that lost in the next round, by the way, 52 kg was by far the toughest category in amateur boxing, it had Veitia, Aloyan, Vargas, Finol, Ali, Zoirov, Dos Santos, Irvine, etc..
                Cintron is a real talent, but i doubt he would turn pro.

UPDATE:
                Cintron did turn pro, is signed with Top Rank, he won his debut by decision some weeks ago in the same card of Pitufo Diaz and the olympians Antonio Vargas and Teofimo Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I said i'm leaning towards Verdejo to win by stoppage or decision.
                  Sorry, I just got a little confused when you said he has a puncher's chance. When he evidently has more than that, as he's better than Flanagan in almost every department.

Comment

Sorry, I just got a little confused when you said he has a puncher's chance. When he evidently has more than that, as he's better than Flanagan in almost every department.
                    Verdejo has a puncher's chance and can win by decision, and i'm leaning towards him getting one of those methods.

Verdejo has a longshot in stopping Flannigan, and he simultaneously can win by decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X