Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Question: Why is the double punch not allowed by refs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shinygloves View Post
    The eardrum answer is correct. Clapping both sides of someone's ears the way Pacqiao did can cause instant death due to air pressure that can't escape (which is why single shots are "safer" to answer an earlier poster). A double punch to the face as in the Augustus clip is no biggie.
    Tht makes no sense anatomically, your ears are connected to each other directly so how would hitting or clapping both at once be any different to clapping one at a time ?

Plus air pressure can escape through the eustation tubes into the sinus cavity.

Sounds like something from a Bruce Lee movie to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee View Post
      So it is something that it's at the refs discretion good to clear that up in case i ever get asked again. I dont see it as unsportsmanlike to me (the objective is to punch each other isnt it) if it's being used as a taunt then why the hell dont refs warn people when they literally do taunt and talk **** right?. I think it's silly,but shouldn't be so frowned upon by most refs, hell the guy throwing them is the one who runs the most risk lol.
      True story man. Mayweather taunted the hell out of his opponents, he even danced for Berto but no warnings.

Pac shouldn't get a warning for that. If Pac was able to do that to Clottey without eating a KD/KO punch then obviously something was wrong with Clottey. Maybe the ref should have warned him for being inactive.

Comment

Working...
      X