Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr: Canelo, Golden Boy are Offering Crumbs To My Son!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
    After Golden Girl 's last PPV debacle this would be a great save face HBO Boxing After Dark scrap. It's blatantly obvious Canelo doesn't want to be within three feet of GGG and calling Chavez Jr a super star elite would be selling snake skin oil to the feeble minded.

So marketing this fight on a regular HBO broadcast would be the most feasible option considering we are deprived of the obvious choice for a mega event with GGG.
    they are offering chavez 5 mill while ggg is being offered 15 mill, your logic doesnt make sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      OK, so wait and see what K2 offers you for GGG vs. Chavez Jr., or what Arum offers for Zurdo Ramirez, and then take the biggest offer!
      Chavez just fought for PEANUTS on Bein Español because neither haymon or showtime were willing to pay for it now he's turning down 5m...you can't make this shyt up LMAO

GGG is not offering 5m and Arum only offer big money if you agree to sign a multi fight deal with top rank first which is why he refused to ever fight again with arum and held out over a year to get out his contract and sign with haymon. And with his lack of discipline the longer he waits the more likely he blows up in weight again or gets beat by someone.

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
        My problem is that both Canelo and GGG do **** like this, yet both fanbases act like its only a tactic used exclusively by the other side.

K2 are NOTORIOUS for lowballing. Yet suddenly, GBP is the cheapest promoter in town. I'm not even gonna go into the whole "Anybody from 154-168 can get it... But 164 for Ward" debacle. Yet according to the Canelo fanbase. Alvarez trying to enforce Caneloweight, at 168 isn't an issue. Then there's the string of lackluster opponents on both sides.

These two are supposedly the faces of/best in the sport, yet they're both acting in a manner unbecoming of champions, and this will only. Serve to damage the sport in the long run.

AJ is my personal hope for the sport. He knows how to charm the media and through the media, casuals. He's starting to step up his competition by taking on the HW King of the last decade. People can talk about Fury, but Fury isn't a boxer at the moment. And lastly, I can't help but like a professional athlete who treats his body like a pro athlete should. Gym rat, work ethic, always tryna improve.

So I just hope that AJ reaches the heights he promises to reach.
        Yea, although Canelo is by far the diva here he reminds me of Cotto.
        AJ is my personal hope too, my son has been boxing for nine years and looks up to him as his role model .....I have no problem with this thank god it's not one of the others!

Comment

Is this Sr's way of sticking it to Oscar for no massing him.

Comment

the fact that there is a rematch clause in the "offer" proves without a doubt that the GGG "offer" has an escape clause, which makes the deal pretty much worthless. What good is a supposed $10 or even $15 million offer if Canelo can simply opt out to rematch Chavez?

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
              Is this Sr's way of sticking it to Oscar for no massing him.
              Chavez is 0-3 with 3KO loses to Oscar, don't forget the way he co-signed Fernando Vargas came into the ring with him and that was the fighter who was going to avenge chavez. He don't want his son to make it 0-4. Make no mistake he is still bitter towards Oscar LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                Yea, although Canelo is by far the diva here he reminds me of Cotto.
                AJ is my personal hope too, my son has been boxing for nine years and looks up to him as his role model .....I have no problem with this thank god it's not one of the others!
                Yeah, Canelo is like Cotto v2, only with what I feel is a far more inflated ego. I feel as though if he James Keane, and came from Northern Ireland or something, nobody would pay him half as much attention as they do(unfortunately). He lacks charisma, says the same, scripted sounding ****, and says impressive things like "I'm ready!" and "In Mexico, we don't **** around!" then ****s around. But because he's a ginger Mexican, they love him, lol.

Yeah, AJ is a decent role model to have, both in and out of the ring.

Hater's call him boring, I call him wholesome. After the Mayweather era (which I personally loved, with Floyd being probably my fav boxer of all time), I think the sport genuinely needs a nice, wholesome "face" for kids to look up to and the like.

AJ is such a boxer. 10 years of him being top dog won't do the sport any harm.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  the fact that there is a rematch clause in the "offer" proves without a doubt that the GGG "offer" has an escape clause, which makes the deal pretty much worthless. What good is a supposed $10 or even $15 million offer if Canelo can simply opt out to rematch Chavez?
                  even if ggg doesnt take the offer he will still not get the canelo fight if for some highly unlikely reason canelo rematches chavez....
                  taking the offer will secure the fight for ggg if no chavez rematch which is the most likely scenario, not taking the offer will not help ggg at all, nothing guarantees the offer will be there in the summer, specially when 2017 is cottos last year in boxing and he wants to fight canelo too... heck knowing how big is canelos ego nothing guarantees that 15 mill will still be offered even if no cotto or chavez rematch...

Comment

Chavez Jr. should be glad that he's receiving an offer like that, but I can see what they wanting at least 8 million.

Fight would be huge and if Chavez loses he would be finished, he might be seeking retiring money to walk away from the sport.

If I were Canelo I'd give him 7 million and that's it. if he doesn't want it, then I would be looking for Saunders or Lemieux.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      Yeah nobody's picking up on that little detail. I joked that GGG should hurry up and sign the $10mill offer before a Chavez/Alvarez rematch in Sept '17 takes its place.

I think Julio/Canelo will actually do pretty well at both the gate and ppv #'s, and that their styles will make a pretty fun fight. I think the GGG offer may have already vanished, GB might have found a safe & lucrative alternative. Now watch, come December '17, Canelo won't be able to make 160 anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X