Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Roc Nation Sports profited on any event they've put out so far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    So they are indeed working at a loss if 58 is all they generated from PPV buys.

Are you a Jay-z fan by any chance?
    There are other avenues of revenue besides PPV dollars. As far as my musical tastes, check out the hip hop forum. I post in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
      I don't understand how companies like these stay afloat. They don't seem to ever make a profit. Hell, they don't even have the resources to get their high level fighters big fights.
      Cotto-Alvarez did 900k PPV buys, generated a site fee that was at least $15m, and other revenues, for an event that Roc Nation Sports was the lead promoter for.

Cotto fighting in New York in June will likely also put another nice paycheck into Roc Nation's pocket. With Ward's coming Oracle Arena fight now coming with an HBO Championship Boxing TV rights deal, you can count another show that likely does well for Roc Nation.

You add that Roc Nation has only 7 shows in their existence, and it's not all that much of a reach, i'd imagine.

Comment

They are taking a huge loss on just about everything they do. The Cotto-Canelo event itself probably turned a profit, but supposedly they paid Cotto a huge signing bonus...but it definitely helped that they didn't have to pay Ward out of pocket on that event. The BET show which nobody watched was an embarrassing loss of several million dollars for no reason.

Comment

Working...
        X