Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Real, Floyd Mayweather Would've Beaten Sugar Ray Robinson If They Fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
    wah wah

watch a 28 yo welter weight mosely vs hoya and then watch and 36 yo past prime middle weight SSR vs basilio and tell me it isnt fact.

watch a 36 yo SRR ko gene fulmer with 1 punch and tell me it isnt fact.
    sure, should i watch the sped up HD version, or the real time footage for the basilio fight?

Comment

• No one is going to "pot shot" their way to victory over Robinson. You can get away with BS against the inferior scrubs an past-it former champions that Floyd's been fighting, against one of the greats that just gets you a points loss. Old football saying: The only thing the prevent defense prevents is YOU from winning.

Poet

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather does not beat Sugar Ray Robinson. He loses 10 times out of 10.

/thread.
        Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Floyd Mayweather does not beat Sugar Ray Robinson. He loses 10 times out of 10.

/thread.
          Oh but didn't you know today's fighters like Floyd Mayweather and Wlad Klitschko have discovered these previously unheard of and revolutionary in-ring tactics that easily beat all those crude tactics that the previous generations of fighters used? :rofl9: Just ask F l i c k e r :rofl9: :rofl9: :rofl9:

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            Oh but didn't you know today's fighters like Floyd Mayweather and Wlad Klitschko have discovered these previously unheard of and revolutionary in-ring tactics that easily beat all those crude tactics that the previous generations of fighters used? :rofl9: Just ask F l i c k e r :rofl9: :rofl9: :rofl9:

Poet

I did have a little chuckle at that.

I mean, the crude tactics so to speak back then was lightyears higher than what we have now.

People always say "Can you imagine Robinson in this era"

My response to that is; Can you imagine Mayweather in that era??? He would be ridiculously uncomfortable.

Ref's are immensely more soft in recent history.
            Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blah! View Post
              sure, should i watch the sped up HD version, or the real time footage for the basilio fight?
              either or, as far as i can tell they are the same speed.

i can PM paciofable and see if it acutally is sped up, unless you can provide some proof that it is.
              Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 05-27-2011, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                either or, as far as i can tell they are the same speed.

i can PM paciofable and see if it acutally is sped up, unless you can provide some proof that it is.
                no, you're right it's not sped up
                embarrasing, i thought i clearly saw alot of clip jumping yesterday

Comment

I did have a little chuckle at that.

I mean, the crude tactics so to speak back then was lightyears higher than what we have now.

People always say "Can you imagine Robinson in this era"

My response to that is; Can you imagine Mayweather in that era??? He would be ridiculously uncomfortable.

Ref's are immensely more soft in recent history.
                  I dont know about 10 out of ten but I cant say its not all Mayweather either. Considering the laxed reffing back then isnt it a good chance that Floyd would step his forearm game up also?

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                    I dont know about 10 out of ten but I cant say its not all Mayweather either. Considering the laxed reffing back then isnt it a good chance that Floyd would step his forearm game up also?
                    Floyd Mayweather has a good inside game and has a list of crafty and dirty tricks of his own but this era is nothing like that era.

Floyd can certainly handle himself inside and stays calm most of the time when someone is trying to rough him up but he also isn't a huge fan of it.

Take the Hatton fight for example, at times in that fight when Floyd would let Hatton on the inside Floyd would do things like duck under his punch to get the ref to break it, back then it wouldn't go down like that. At soe me stages early in the fight when Hatton grabbed his arm Floyd would fall to the ropes to get the ref to break it, same kind of thing with the point deduction.

Now that was very smart of Floyd, not taking away nothing from him. And he certainly can hold his own on the inside.

But back then, the refs let most things happen. I mean, people died in the ring. Refs would watch fighters literally die infront of them. If Floyd tried that in a Ray Robinson era he would be in a world of trouble and would be very uncomfortable. Mainly because he wouldn't be used to that kind of leiniance.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather has a good inside game and has a list of crafty and dirty tricks of his own but this era is nothing like that era.

Floyd can certainly handle himself inside and stays calm most of the time when someone is trying to rough him up but he also isn't a huge fan of it.

Take the Hatton fight for example, at times in that fight when Floyd would let Hatton on the inside Floyd would do things like duck under his punch to get the ref to break it, back then it wouldn't go down like that. At soe me stages early in the fight when Hatton grabbed his arm Floyd would fall to the ropes to get the ref to break it, same kind of thing with the point deduction.

Now that was very smart of Floyd, not taking away nothing from him. And he certainly can hold his own on the inside.

But back then, the refs let most things happen. I mean, people died in the ring. Refs would watch fighters literally die infront of them. If Floyd tried that in a Ray Robinson era he would be in a world of trouble and would be very uncomfortable. Mainly because he wouldn't be used to that kind of leiniance.
                      I see your point. Back then refs didnt give a **** about a guy bent over or even hanging in the ropes. Floyd really put himself in harms way by doing that. Ricky was just too tight to capitalize. Thank God for tenth round KO's. LOL. That was a rough go for Floyd from the start.

Comment

Working...
                      X