Comments Thread For: Joshua Out-Weighs Povetkin By Almost 25 Pounds In London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOBODY, even Povetkin's people. expect him to do ANYTHING, but get ko'd
    so WHY WATCH this BS.
    AJ by KO oooppppssss did I spoil the suprise?
    then
    Hearn spits some more BS and UK fans believe him,
    AJ by KO over Whyte
    then
    AJ by KO over Miller his US debut
    then
    Hearn spits more BS.....

Comment

I still anticipate a tough night for AJ... "Watch out for that left hook"
      (Not a loss, but a chin check or 3)

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        There have been a lot of threads about Wilder-Fury. What are you talking about?

People will watch but everybody had their hopes up for Wilder-Joshua but they killed the fight and now Joshua has lost a lot of his momentum. This isn't about being fanboys. This is about not being played for a fool
        Wether your get wrapped up in feeling like you've been played for a fool or not. It has no sway in the business. It's a pointless endeavour. Save that energy for making real change in the world.
        They'll both still make a shed load of money and build something big out of it, however it looks right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverb View Post
          A large portion of posters here are so into being fan boys that they put that before boxing. (I don't understand why but that's their choice I suppose).
          So they've likely boycotted any productive thread on these fights.
          They're a noisy bunch and make it difficult to see through the noise, but there are plenty good posters in between the fanboy hate train.
          There have been a lot of threads about Wilder-Fury. What are you talking about?

People will watch but everybody had their hopes up for Wilder-Joshua but they killed the fight and now Joshua has lost a lot of his momentum. This isn't about being fanboys. This is about not being played for a fool
          The real fools are people who pick sides and swallow everything "their side" says whole while rejecting everything coming from the other side as a lie.

If you look at what happened objectively, it's obvious that neither Hearn nor Finkel/Haymon really wanted AJ vs Wilder to happen this year.

Second point: The number of threads made at this forum about a fight are not connected with how big that fight will be in the real world.

NSB has become overrun with America First trolls and PBC fanboys, which gives a very warped picture of what's really going on in the sport worldwide.

In the real world, AJ vs Povetkin will go down in front of 80k+ fans at Wembley and sell around a million Sky PPVs. It will also be watched live by millions more throughout Russia and Europe.

AJ is going to be earning around £20million - $26million - and is on his way to becoming boxing's biggest ever live draw.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/45598352

Comment

I think Joshua wins, maybe in the first half of the fight. But nothing would surprise me, I think Joshua is still working on different aspects of his game and it's taking him on a path he doesn't quite recognise as being 'himself'.
            Blowout or upset. It's no mismatch.

Comment

Wether your get wrapped up in feeling like you've been played for a fool or not. It has no sway in the business. It's a pointless endeavour. Save that energy for making real change in the world.
              They'll both still make a shed load of money and build something big out of it, however it looks right now.
              It does have sway in business as evidenced by this fight not selling out & Hearn using Wilder's name all week to sell this fight.

The fans not talking about this fight is bad for business

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                The real fools are people who pick sides and swallow everything "their side" says whole while rejecting everything coming from the other side as a lie.

If you look at what happened objectively, it's obvious that neither Hearn nor Finkel/Haymon really wanted AJ vs Wilder to happen this year.

Second point: The number of threads made at this forum about a fight are not connected with how big that fight will be in the real world.

NSB has become overrun with America First trolls and PBC fanboys, which gives a very warped picture of what's really going on in the sport worldwide.

In the real world, AJ vs Povetkin will go down in front of 80k+ fans at Wembley and sell around a million Sky PPVs. It will also be watched live by millions more throughout Russia and Europe.

AJ is going to be earning around £20million - $26million - and is on his way to becoming boxing's biggest ever live draw.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/45598352
                Truth spoken clearly. Respect to you sir.

Comment

It does have sway in business as evidenced by this fight not selling out & Hearn using Wilder's name all week to sell this fight.

The fans not talking about this fight is bad for business
                  There's time yet and if it's 3,4,5, even 10,000 shy of capacity it's still eclipsing the competition in the division.
                  I'm guessing the official announcement for Wilder /Fury for December 1st to come around the time of the Joshua /Povetkin fight. They'll use eachother to sell fights, it makes sense that they do, neither one of them is an up n coming fighter looking to latch on to someone way ahead.

Kafkod already wrapped it up in way more style than I can muster.
                  Last edited by Reverb; 09-21-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

There's time yet and if it's 3,4,5, even 10,000 shy of capacity it's still eclipsing the competition in the division.
                    I'm guessing the official announcement for Wilder /Fury for December 1st to come around the time of the Joshua /Povetkin fight. They'll use eachother to sell fights, it makes sense that they do, neither one of them is an up n coming fighter looking to latch on to someone way ahead.

Kafkod already wrapped it up in way more style than I can muster.
                    Just trying to keep it real mate.

People gloating about AJ/Povetkin not selling out all the extra seats added for the fight should remember that Canelo - allegedly the biggest draw in world boxing - fought Liam Smith in Califonia, on a Mexican holiday weekend, in an 80k capacity stadium ... and ended up with 30k empty seats.

And the ticket prices for that one were no more expensive than for AJ/Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      Just trying to keep it real mate.

People gloating about AJ/Povetkin not selling out all the extra seats added for the fight should remember that Canelo - allegedly the biggest draw in world boxing - fought Liam Smith in Califonia, on a Mexican holiday weekend, in an 80k capacity stadium ... and ended up with 30k empty seats.

And the ticket prices for that one were no more expensive than for AJ/Povetkin.
                      You do know us money is worth more right? That’s why selling 20k seats always gets a bigger live gate than selling 80k seats in uk

Comment

Working...
                      X