No announcement yet.

Im going to make a crazy prediction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im going to make a crazy prediction

I had a feeling Kovalev was going to get stopped tonight for no other reason than I had a feeling. Im a Kovalev fan btw, im a fan of fighters of his ilk. I should have made a bet somewhere but Im not a betting man so I dont know the channels.

Here goes, If Fury and Wilder fight in December. Fury will stop him somewhere around the 8th round. This is just a gut feeling, the smart money would be Wilder by KO or Fury by decision but I have this feeling Fury gets him out of there.

Your feeling was right this time but I still think you should go by your logic and reason because going against them in preference to feeling with make you wrong a lot. If you think Fury will win then go with him. If you think Wilder will win then I wouldn't pick Fury off of a feeling but that's your call. I think Wilder will knock Fury out based on past performances of both boxers. If light punching Cunningham can hurt and drop Fury with a looping overhand right Then I think Wilder's much faster, longer, harder straight right will knock Fury out.

Comment

I don't think this is a crazy prediction. If the fight happens, I expect Fury to out jab Wilder at long range - probably boxing southpaw - and catch him repeatedly with punches he doesn't see coming on the inside till Wilder is broken down and falls sometime in the second half of the fight.

Comment

If that happens, I'll write "Sun_Tzu is the greatest" on my forehead and send you a pic.

From what we saw out of Fury 2 months, he's nowhere close to being in a ring with a world class HW.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          I don't think this is a crazy prediction. If the fight happens, I expect Fury to out jab Wilder at long range - probably boxing southpaw - and catch him repeatedly with punches he doesn't see coming on the inside till Wilder is broken down and falls sometime in the second half of the fight.
          I think it is more likely Fury is going to move around and be awkward while popping his jab and occasionally throwing his right over the top. Will also try to smother Wilder on the inside, but will be pretty cautious himself. I don't see him getting the stoppage. I can definitely see him winning a decision, but stoppage win is probably pushing it.

Wilder is an interesting guy that has the most power but is a pretty small guy for that division. Most top guys will be able to push around in clinches and could walk him down in stretches. Fury may be better off walking to Wilder behind his jab and pushing him back like Ortiz did for a stretch of their fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
            I had a feeling Kovalev was going to get stopped tonight for no other reason than I had a feeling. Im a Kovalev fan btw, im a fan of fighters of his ilk. I should have made a bet somewhere but Im not a betting man so I dont know the channels.

Here goes, If Fury and Wilder fight in December. Fury will stop him somewhere around the 8th round. This is just a gut feeling, the smart money would be Wilder by KO or Fury by decision but I have this feeling Fury gets him out of there.
            Get the same feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              I think it is more likely Fury is going to move around and be awkward while popping his jab and occasionally throwing his right over the top. Will also try to smother Wilder on the inside, but will be pretty cautious himself. I don't see him getting the stoppage. I can definitely see him winning a decision, but stoppage win is probably pushing it.

Wilder is an interesting guy that has the most power but is a pretty small guy for that division. Most top guys will be able to push around in clinches and could walk him down in stretches. Fury may be better off walking to Wilder behind his jab and pushing him back like Ortiz did for a stretch of their fight.
              Fury will probably outweigh Wilder by around 40lb, and he is a physically strong guy. If he still has that knack he showed against Chisora and Hammer of using quick side steps to open up space for hooks and upper cuts close in, I think he will be too much for Wilder to handle on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Fury will probably outweigh Wilder by around 40lb, and he is a physically strong guy. If he still has that knack he showed against Chisora and Hammer of using quick side steps to open up space for hooks and upper cuts close in, I think he will be too much for Wilder to handle on the inside.
                Even if he just wears on Wilder that will be a big advantage for him.

Still don't see him stopping Wilder. Could cruise to a 9-3ish type of decision.

Of course on the other hand, Wilder could just ice him.

Comment

Working...
                X