Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBSS Prediction Brackets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got Usyk winning the CW bracket, and Groves winning the SMW.

The finals will come down to Usyk vs. Gassiev, Usyk will prevail but also have some tough moments.

The finals for SMW will come down to Groves vs. Callum Smith, and it could be a very close fight to call, but I got Groves.

Comment

I'll take Smith to win a decision over Groves and Eubanks, if he has to face them both.

Fight I'm pumped for most in the quarters in the SM is the Eubanks a Yildrim, looks like it could be a very entertaining slug fest.

I don't particularly like Braehmer and hope Brant beats him, that said I know very little about the former MW.

For the CW's I like Usyk by stoppage versus Hück. Against Hunter and Glowacki those fights should have been stopped and Usyk should really have a 100% ko ratio.

Usyk vs Dorticos final.

Breidis vs Perez and the other in fact are all stand alone superb fights, not one fight there worth missing. This tournament really has it all.

I expect Gassiev to be found out along the way if the Cuban Dortixos proves to have durability and emerges victorious over Kudryashov, I can't see how Dorticos loses his first fight if he's as good as I believe he is, Gassiev was having trouble versus the very basic Lebedev and really was fortunate to win imo.

Comment

Why isnt the 1 seed fighting the 4 seed in the semis?

Comment

Will Eubanks fights all be on ITV PPV, with him facing Abraham, Yildrim and likely Groves and potentially Smith in the final ? I know Hearn promotes Smith but that fight goes to purses and likelihood is a possible Sky PPV in May next year, they'll be looking for a new PPV fighter now Brook is a spent force right.

Comment

SMW, I'd guess :

Quarterfinals
            Groves vs Cox
            Yildirim vs Eubank
            Smith vs Skoglund
            Braehmer vs Brant

I'm going to go with Braehmer, but something tells me Brant may well win that one.

Semi Finals
            Groves vs Eubank
            Smith vs Braehmer

I feel Eubank vs Groves could be a competitive fight, but expect Groves may be fresher after Eubank comes through fights against AA and Yildirim.

Final
            Groves vs Smith

50/50 for me. But went with Groves' experience getting him over the line. Groves looked hurt at times against Chudinov though i thought, so Smith can hurt him for sure.

CW, I'd guess :

Quarter Finals
            Usyk vs Huck
            Briedis vs Perez
            Gassiev vs Wlodarczyk
            Dorticos vs Kudryashov

Can't wait for Dorticos/Kudryashov. Can't write Kud off when he carries such power.

Semi Finals

Usyk vs Briedis
            Gassiev vs Dorticos

Final
            Usyk vs Gassiev

Another 50/50 fight for me. While it wouldn't surprise me to see Usyk win at all, i'm going to go with Gassiev pulling it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Why isnt the 1 seed fighting the 4 seed in the semis?
              Supposedly its 1 v 3 & 2 v 4. I'm still not 100% confident on that cuz I just watched some videos about this series from March when it was first announced & it showed the standard 1 v 4 & 2 v 3 format, but I've had two people confirm its the former on NSB + Kalle's coked up ass tweeted something about it the other day too much to my own surprise as a guy used to 1 v 4 & 2 vs 3 type brackets.

Might be a euro thing idfk.

If anyone can confirm its 1 v 4 & 2 v 3 over 1 v 3 & 2 v 4 let me know cuz obviously I wanna have the correct setup.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                I think Perez might upset Breidis - I get the thinking he's a bit Povetkin esque, Perez's inactivity, dropping in weight but I don't recall Breidis ever fighting a southpaw and something tells me he will struggle with Perez's stance, style, speed.
                Bold prediction brother. I'm rooting for that myself, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on that outcome.

Perez has been out a long time & this is a giant leap up from his last fight which was his first fight in a couple years. And he's just not been the same guy I seen in that Magomed fight & a W over a random guy recently can't alter that opinion enough to pick him vs a high level guy like Breidis which would be his career best W.

Hope you're right doe. Perez would be an interesting sleeper to win this whole thing going into the semifinals if he looks good beating Breidis.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                  Will Eubanks fights all be on ITV PPV, with him facing Abraham, Yildrim and likely Groves and potentially Smith in the final ? I know Hearn promotes Smith but that fight goes to purses and likelihood is a possible Sky PPV in May next year, they'll be looking for a new PPV fighter now Brook is a spent force right.
                  From my understanding this is more of a PBC-like situation. The WBSS will be "promoting" these fights I assume via Sauerland & Ringstar (I'm not entirely sure if the fighters contracted promoter will get co-promotion credit or not) & they will be broadcast via whoever the WBSS does a broadcast deal with.

I think you do the WBSS brand a disservice by spreading these fights among different platforms for different fighters (as is one of the complaints about PBC).

Not sure about PPV as I've heard no mention of that & I'm rooting against PPV being in play personally. I think you wanna get as many casuals & sports fans watching this as possible & you do that via national or basic cable in whatever countries this will end up airing in.

I do think it'll likely end up on Showtime in the US, & thats obviously premium cable, but I also think with the US being underrepresented in this tournament it probably makes more sense as I suspect the lack of US fighters would be less appealing to most US broadcasters not already invested in boxing. But idk thats just my assumption.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    From my understanding this is more of a PBC-like situation. The WBSS will be "promoting" these fights I assume via Sauerland & Ringstar (I'm not entirely sure if the fighters contracted promoter will get co-promotion credit or not) & they will be broadcast via whoever the WBSS does a broadcast deal with.

I think you do the WBSS brand a disservice by spreading these fights among different platforms for different fighters (as is one of the complaints about PBC).

Not sure about PPV as I've heard no mention of that & I'm rooting against PPV being in play personally. I think you wanna get as many casuals & sports fans watching this as possible & you do that via national or basic cable in whatever countries this will end up airing in.

I do think it'll likely end up on Showtime in the US, & thats obviously premium cable, but I also think with the US being underrepresented in this tournament it probably makes more sense as I suspect the lack of US fighters would be less appealing to most US broadcasters not already invested in boxing. But idk thats just my assumption.
                    Eubanks last two fights have been on ppv in the U.K.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                      Eubanks last two fights have been on ppv in the U.K.
                      I don't expect these WBSS ones will be unless the broadcast deal is a PPV one which seems like it'd reduce the audience to me so I don't see it happening.

I imagine Eubank is making more off of this fight already wherever it is. And if he wins the whole thing he's making $10M. Has he made $10M in his last 3 fights with 2 of them being PPV?

Comment

Working...
                      X