No announcement yet.

Kovalev outboxed two of the top 3..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    The HBO official scorer. In the last couple years he's been giving fans a synopsis of the judge and their history right before scores are announced.
    Oh that shouty old boy. Sorry i'm not from the states so not really up on who's who in terms of US commentators.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      Great fighter and I enjoy watching him. Unlike Pacquiao I haven't let his racist, anti-American fans change my opinion of him and drag me into troll wars.

He's one of my 10 favorite fighters in boxing right now.
      Same here. Other than me blasting on Freedom late sat night after the fight, I've just kept away from him, Guererro's Dad, Mr. Objectivity, etc. etc.

Comment

Kovalev might be as hard as it gets in boxing to beat at distance. His timing and distance control are terrific. His power makes anyone reluctant to enter exchanges with him, because he just needs to land one good shot to get the better of it.

Shutting out Hopkins and then outboxing Ward at range is really impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
          US fighters of there generation! Hopkins & Ward. Floyd being the other but he's genetically flawed with dwarf genes so that would be a mismatch obviously. Dropped, bust up & out pointed Bhop & Ward. Brothers be needing corruption to stop the oncoming freight train of Kovalev! He was using Wards head for target practice. He looked even uglier, like a mouldy tomato after 12! Only in Vegas.. Thought Ward was this un-hittable slick G?
          If you really think Kov outboxed Andre, then please refrain from driving and all other activities until you've had an eye examination.

Comment

To be fair, Kathy raised no concerns about the judges before and Lederman said they were all very credible before the scores were announced.
            all 3 judges gave the 10th to ward. thats simply not possible and makes no sense. they did this because they knew ward needed every round to win. boxing is very silly.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              all 3 judges gave the 10th to ward. thats simply not possible and makes no sense. they did this because they knew ward needed every round to win. boxing is very silly.
              WAHggum, I think I gave Kov the 10th. I had him winning 114-113. I can see either Kov 115-112 or Ward 114-113.

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                If you really think Kov outboxed Andre, then please refrain from driving and all other activities until you've had an eye examination.
                I'll get behind Andre in the queue then. Those dark glasses were masking Kovalevai fistus Glaucomas..

Comment

For the first 4 rounds yeah but its a 12 round fight, either way it went no fighter was dominant it was 2 great fighters and a great chess match, kov is better than what people think but he lost a close fight n faded as the rounds went. Props to both fighters. Especially ward who went up and fought the monster of the division. Great night

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    It was a stitch up politcal job. Probably had betting edges to it too..

Comment

WAHggum, I think I gave Kov the 10th. I had him winning 114-113. I can see either Kov 115-112 or Ward 114-113.
                      man that 10th round was so hard to score, all the judges gave it to ward I think but it was 2 hard to score.

Comment

Working...
                      X