Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Possible for GGG to be outboxed by Geale the same way Provo was?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruslan has no jab whatsoever ,he could had closed the gap a little more and his punch timing was awful. Bad comparison

Comment

GGG first of all has a good stiff jab with excellent timing. Second he doesn't need his feet glued to the ground to throw his shots like Ruslan does. Also GGG cuts the ring better, there is no comparison dude.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        Are Provodnikov and GGG the same kind of fighter?

Does GGG spend more time following his opponent than throwing punches?

On Provodnikov; I've been saying it for awhile..

10-20-2013, 04:15 PM

GGG has a touch of "selective shooter" disease but nearly as bad as Provodnikov. He let's his hands go far more frequently.
        I must say your analysis of the Alvarado fight was spot on. A lot of people tend to miss things when a fighter is able to pull out a win in that fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by PopPop View Post
          Ruslan has no jab whatsoever ,he could had closed the gap a little more and his punch timing was awful. Bad comparison
          Thanks for your insight. The comparison isn't so much about how similar GGG is to Provo as a fighter, its more about the fight last night has me thinking Can GGG be outboxed in the manner that Provo was last night? I know they are different fighters, both heavy handed, but Provo is no silver medal Olympian.
          Last edited by hhwff3000; 06-15-2014, 04:40 PM.

Comment

GGG is A good Boxer. Geale will be his toughest fight, but If darren barker could beat Daniel Geale, then GGG would destroy geale. And I will be seeing this fight Live at madison square garden. GGG make Cotto and Geale Good Boys.

Comment

GGG has over 300+ amateur bouts under his belt, he's battered the likes of Stevens, Ishida, Macklin and more to even compare him to the performance of Provo last night is harsh and very ill selected.

GGG will show his worth against Geale, and Geale ain't no slouch.

Comment

In short the stark differences in the matchup are

1) Golovkin has a superb thudding jab that he uses to close distance and he will be out jabbing Geale

2) His defense is considerably better

3) He typically throws over 80 punches a round and going off recent fights actually has a higher workrate than Geale which is sort of a scary thought.

4) While Geale is a boxer/swarmer he doesn't work from the outside almost everything is thrown in the pocket and they're the same size.

5) Golovkin is also a very good boxer/puncher and counter puncher from the outside a versatility in skill and style that Provodnikov lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
                  GGG has over 300+ amateur bouts under his belt, he's battered the likes of Stevens, Ishida, Macklin and more to even compare him to the performance of Provo last night is harsh and very ill selected.

GGG will show his worth against Geale, and Geale ain't no slouch.
                  Thanks for your insight , as I said in an earlier post. The comparison isn't so much about how similar GGG is to Provo as a fighter, its more about the fight last night has me thinking Can GGG be outboxed in the manner that Provo was last night? I know they are different fighters, both heavy handed, but Provo is no silver medal Olympian.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    In short the stark differences in the matchup are

1) Golovkin has a superb thudding jab that he uses to close distance and he will be out jabbing Geale

2) His defense is considerably better

3) He typically throws over 80 punches a round and going off recent fights actually has a higher workrate than Geale which is sort of a scary thought.

4) While Geale is a boxer/swarmer he doesn't work from the outside almost everything is thrown in the pocket and they're the same size.

5) Golovkin is also a very good boxer/puncher and counter puncher from the outside a versatility in skill and style that Provodnikov lacks.
                    Thorough analysis, Thanks man. I'm fairly new to boxing (2 years). So responses like these help me understand boxing and the science of it more. I'm the nerdy analytical type of guy.
                    Last edited by hhwff3000; 06-15-2014, 04:59 PM.

Comment

GGG is an elite boxing talent. Provodnikov just hits hard.

Comment

Working...
                      X