Comments Thread For: DAZN Broadcast Team is Revealed: Ray Leonard, Kenny, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this team.

Somehow reminds me of the old EPiX or whatever it was called with fat dan and SRL.

Imo they should have done better to get some newly retired guys like Bradley or Ward in the team.
    Bradley and Ward are with ESPN.

SRL is a good name in the beginning because he is known in the mainstream. When they get more established they could look to a younger guy.

Comment

SRL? Really? Seems like they are trying to get big names like the PBC did regardless of the quality. Pretty sure Brian Kenny worked on the PBC/FOX telecasts.

Kay Adams is a nice addition.

Mannix is okay too.

Brian Kenny is solid.

LZ Granderson? Not sure about him.

Overall not bad, some good additions, some solid additions but SRL has no business being one of the broadcasters.

Comment

I love Kay Adams from good morning football. She's nice. It will be cool to see her in boxing.

I'm looking forward to watching DAZN and this Joshua vs. Povetkin fight.

Comment

I'd save Kay Adams... That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
            I love Kay Adams from good morning football. She's nice. It will be cool to see her in boxing.

I'm looking forward to watching DAZN and this Joshua vs. Povetkin fight.
            Yessir, GMFB is a dope show and she is a big part of that. She will kill it here as well.

But SRL getting another gig is just baffling man.

Comment

Originally posted by Thetruthiserrol View Post
              Did these guys not view any PBC broadcasts? Leonard is an awful broadcaster.
              Ray Leonard is a shiny object to put out front, to try and convince Performance Group that they've got something going. Same reason why they signed the exclusive with Michael Buffer. Rather than worry about building a style, Hearn is hoping that hearing that Buffer and Ray Leonard are on DAZN will show folks that things are serious, and hopefully convince some casuals to buy.

Sad part is that they have the talent to build their own feel; Brian Kenny and Sergio Mora are both good enough to come up with a good vibe, and they can experiment with finding a third for the team (LZ Granderson might work; you basically want the third to be a new boxing face with no real ties elsewhere).

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                Consider yourselves lucky that you don’t have to listen to Carl Froch.
                At Wembley in front of 80k ppl?

Comment

Sugar Ray - great name, poor broadcaster. Painful to listen to.
                  Kenny - excellent host, not good for play-by-play
                  Mannix - decent
                  Kay Adams - no boxing experience

Looks like it has the potential to be even more of a train wreck than ESPN's broadcast team.

Comment

I'd like to see someone down to earth on the team. From a UK side John H.Stracey & Lennox Lewis could work well!

Comment

LZ Granderson?? F***

Comment

Working...
                      X