No announcement yet.

Wilder Says He Still Wants To Fight Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    His camp is talking about possible replacements and now this...WTF is he doing? Diuretics can help pass a urine test...but not a blood test and no PED's have been detected. Just BP med's for a guy who most likely needs them...he got them initially from a Dr while in the ER. I hope Wilder goes through with this... no reason not to. This so fucked-up. If they find PED's then that different...but so far nothing.
    I'm for this fight if their is a plausible and acceptable explanation. If not fück Ortiz, let him rot with the Fury's, Whyte, Briggs, Wach, Povetkin, Browne etc ..... Let the cheats face each other.

Wilder is clean and should be applauded for it. Credit the real guys who haven't been popped..... Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
      No, no and no. Wilder can not allow this to become a precedent. No way, Wilder has to take a stand, cheating can not prevail.

I'll respect Wilder more for turning the pay day down.

Face Stiverne, Ortiz is to blame for this falling through.
      Wilder is getting the same flack he got when PEDvetkin got busted - that he's somehow "ducking" dangerous fights. I remember clearly tons of people telling Wilder to fight PEDvetkin anyway.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He deserves respect for still wanting to just do the fight, because he's losing money and staying inactive when this keeps happening. No fighter wants that.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
        I'm for this fight if their is a plausible and acceptable explanation. If not fück Ortiz, let him rot with the Fury's, Whyte, Briggs, Wach, Povetkin, Browne etc ..... Let the cheats face each other.

Wilder is clean and should be applauded for it. Credit the real guys who haven't been popped..... Yet.
        The only way there would have been a "plausible" explanation would have involved Ortiz getting a TUE for a pill he knew had to be at risk. It's on him.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Wilder is getting the same flack he got when PEDvetkin got busted - that he's somehow "ducking" dangerous fights. I remember clearly tons of people telling Wilder to fight PEDvetkin anyway.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He deserves respect for still wanting to just do the fight, because he's losing money and staying inactive when this keeps happening. No fighter wants that.
          This forum is grossly over populated with ******s who ain't real boxing fans, you can almost guarantee the fück wits who want Wilder to still face Ortiz are white, likely not even European.

Years of Floyd being atop of the sport has caused immense butt hurt, they don't wanna see a black man prosper.

The Ward hate begrudges me most, his father is actually white, his mother a dope fiend. Look where he's come from and what he's achieved, he is the sport personified don't talk shyt like Floyd and Wilder, just has 100 percent belief in himself.

This place has become one of the worst forums.

Comment

The only way there would have been a "plausible" explanation would have involved Ortiz getting a TUE for a pill he knew had to be at risk. It's on him.
            Well at this stage I'm not for the fight going ahead and Wilder facing Stuverne just to get him out of the way, either that or dump the green belt in protest of Stiverne being mandatory. Have Wilder face that guy Whyte just fought and is so highly rated because of, Tann or Chisora, dump the green belt and have a PBC belt on the line, Joshua should do the same ditch his and face Wilder with a teapot on the line, the top two guys facing each other for a teapot whoever owns the teapot we know is the man.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
              And somehow idiots think wilder is the one scared of these ****ing cheats lol.

****ing mongoloids in this board hating on this man. Yet give all those cheating cowards a pass.

Its clear those guys are scated that they feel they need something extra.
              I cannot understand why anyone would defend drug cheats, or even use it as an excuse to criticise Wilder.

I do not think it is just "scared" though; I think there is widespread PED use in boxing so the temptation is to try to "level the playing field" by cheating too! There will be a lot of people who know exactly what is going on, who is doing what, etc. but don't speak out for fear of law suits in the absence of failed tests.

Comment

And windmills coming from all angles.
                That can KO you if it connects. You havent boxed before so yoh dont even know what you are looking at.

It doesnt have to be pretty. You still have to deal with those coming at you full power. Its actually sometimes harder to defend those types of shots than technical boxing so yeah you dont know what you are looking at.

Maidana threw punches the same way and you saw how effective he was. A 6'6 athletic giant coming at you with wind mill punches that can KO you if it lands is not easy to deal with. Again your lack of experience prob thinks because he doesnt throw punches like mayweather he isnt good.
                Last edited by TRTboy; 09-30-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                  That can KO you if it connects. You havent boxed before so yoh dont even know what you are looking at.

It doesnt have to be pretty. You still have to deal with those coming at you full power. Its actually sometimes harder to defend those types of shots than technical boxing so yeah you dont know what you are looking at.

Maidana threw punches the same way and you saw how effective he was. A 6'6 athletic giant coming at you with wind mill punches that can KO you if it lands is not easy to deal with. Again your lack of experience prob thinks because he doesnt throw punches like mayweather he isnt good.
                  First of all, no critique was to be had from anything I said.

But since you want to go there...let's talk about Khan/Maidana. None of what Chino was doing was effective against a truly skilled fighter. And it's not Khan is A-level either.

Deontay Wilder has NOT faced a truly skilled fighter yet. He hasn't. I don't call them bums, but nobody he's faced is/was top caliber. Szpilka looked like Ali in there until the KO. I don't rate well timed punches, I rate dominant schoolings against top caliber.

But don't take my word for it, let's just listen to Teddy Atlas telling you exactly what you see when you watch Wilder fight. He does the same stuff every fight, and someone skilled will catch him. Like Sconiers did.

Put someone like Joshua in there and Wilder gets rocked repeatedly.

Comment

Fair play to him.

I'd be disappointed if the fight was called off but nobody wants question marks over a fight.

That and I still maintain if Ortiz needs blood pressure medication he shouldn't be competing at this level of sport. High blood pressure, potential damage to blood vessels, getting punched in the head? Knowing the variables if that guy was your relative you wouldn't want him to fight full stop.

I'm not sure Ortiz would get licenced in Britain now.

I wouldn't mind if they can fight Jarrell Miller or someone like that or push the date back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

That and I still maintain if Ortiz needs blood pressure medication he shouldn't be competing at this level of sport. High blood pressure, potential damage to blood vessels, getting punched in the head? Knowing the variables if that guy was your relative you wouldn't want him to fight full stop.
                      As someone who was diagnosed with asthma as a kid I'm still shocked Briggs has accomplished what he has.

Comment

Working...
                      X