No announcement yet.

I think I fractured my fifth metatarsal while double jumping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I fractured my fifth metatarsal while double jumping

I would like to hear some insight with someone familiar with this injury please. Here is a link to some photos of it on imgur.

http://imgur.com/a/lCvbkrb

I felt a pop doing doubles a bit below my right pinky toe. I stopped and iced it. Hurt to move it. Been RICEing it. It is more swollen today, on day two.

After looking at podiatry websites, I was relieved to realize I don't have a Jones or Aversion fracture. Looking down at the foot, Aversion is more toward the heel about 60 percent of the way down from the little toe. The Jones fracture is about halfway down the foot, maybe between the 40 to 50 percent mark from the little toe. Further up, the neck comes next , which is almost directly under the little toe, and then the heel, which is directly under the little toe. The pain is most intense when I push the neck area. There's zero pain pushing on the Jones/Aversion part of the foot. Either way, I'd rather eat cat**** with a knit needle than go to the doctor. Any insight would be appreciated, my friends.

In the meantime I will brew some kombucha and water kefir , take 5000 d3 daily, and up my calcium intake along with healthy overall eating.
    Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 05-25-2018, 03:56 PM.

Take lipid Green Mussell for rapid healing read about it , you can buy this supplement online

Comment

Probably a stress fracture if it was accompanied by a period of excessive activity. If so it's likely gonna heal by itself if you rest it but you really need an X ray cause if it's considerable you might need an aircast boot or something . Although guess that's not free in some countries.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
        I would like to hear some insight with someone familiar with this injury please. Here is a link to some photos of it on imgur. http://imgur.com/a/lCvbkrb

I felt a pop doing doubles a bit below my right pinky toe. I stopped and iced it. Hurt to move it. Been RICEing it. It is more swollen today, on day two.

After looking at podiatry websites, I was relieved to realize I don't have a Jones or Aversion fracture. Looking down at the foot, Aversion is more toward the heel about 60 percent of the way down from the little toe. The Jones fracture is about halfway down the foot, maybe between the 40 to 50 percent mark from the little toe. Further up, the neck comes next , which is almost directly under the little toe, and then the heel, which is directly under the little toe. The pain is most intense when I push the neck area. There's zero pain pushing on the Jones/Aversion part of the foot. Either way, I'd rather eat cat**** with a knit needle than go to the doctor. Any insight would be appreciated, my friends.

In the meantime I will brew some kombucha and water kefir , take 5000 d3 daily, and up my calcium intake along with healthy overall eating.
        You were really killing the rope, you broke the last one, now the rope fights back

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Take lipid Green Mussell for rapid healing read about it , you can buy this supplement online
          Yo gusta tu informacion. Saludable secreto, si. Ahora, yo investigare esto! Gracias! Mucho respeto

I like your information. Healthy secrets, yes. Now, I will research this. Thank you! Much respect
          Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 05-25-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack. View Post
            Probably a stress fracture if it was accompanied by a period of excessive activity. If so it's likely gonna heal by itself if you rest it but you really need an X ray cause if it's considerable you might need an aircast boot or something . Although guess that's not free in some countries.
            Yeah, you're probably right. I don't want the xray because I don't want cancer,(I hate centralized medicine but this is really the best reason to visit the dr) maybe have a look at the photos I posted (I edited my original post with a link to images) and lemme know what you think. Thanks, much respect

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
              You were really killing the rope, you broke the last one, now the rope fights back

I am cursed I tell you

Comment

It's day five and my fourth toe is seemingly out of alignment a bit. I'm not overly concerned, but has anyone with a foot injury ever dealt with a toe out of alignment? I'm wondering if I need a cast, or if it's simply from the swelling.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
                  It's day five and my fourth toe is seemingly out of alignment a bit. I'm not overly concerned, but has anyone with a foot injury ever dealt with a toe out of alignment? I'm wondering if I need a cast, or if it's simply from the swelling.
                  Hey bud here is my foot

Comment

heh , I needed a laugh today.

Comment

Working...
                    X