Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua To Wilder: Stop Whining, Take Deal We're About To Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
    here is me thinking that ortiz was outjabbing wilder all night plus wilder does not fight long and simply relies on his looping right hand.
    Add that to wilders bad balance and ajs technical counters and i see another charles martin right hand on the chin.
    You should watch more than 1 fight before writing the book on Wilder. He normally throws a lot more jabs and he throws plenty of straight right hands as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      absolute nonsense, its called boxing and he held the centre of the ring for most the damn fight. you make out sound like parker was some bum, he was top 5 in the division and a world title holder. if he wanted to protect the 0 at all costs he wouldnt have put him in with wlad after less than 20 fights.
      Parker isn't a bum, but he's also not great. He's top 5 in a division full of fat bums.

And you mean the Wlad that had just gotten completely schooled by Fury and didn't look very dangerous at all vs somebody with similar height/reach? He was out of the ring for how long before fighting Joshua? Klitchko has gotten away with nailing people with his reach and tying up/leaning on people any time they got anywhere near him. Take away his reach advantage and he's a mediocre Heavyweight, which he's always been, except now he's an old man on top of that.

Joshua Klitchko was a great fight to watch, but don't get it twisted, Klitchko was not that big of a threat and he STILL almost knocked out Joshua.

Comment

• Originally posted by chicken- View Post
        You should watch more than 1 fight before writing the book on Wilder. He normally throws a lot more jabs and he throws plenty of straight right hands as well.
        ive seen stiverne , seen him get outworked by spilka , outboxed by washington , hurt by molina , down all rounds against washington and on the verge of being koed by ortiz. Yes the right hand has landed and bailed him out.
        But make no mistake about it he has been outboxed in almost of his defences and joshua is a completely different ballgame to those names mentioned.
        he has got away with it so far but not when he meets up with joshua

Comment

I'm on Wilder's side as far as this dispute goes...but I fail to see where Joshua bites the tape...I think you guys are seeing what you WANT to see rather than reality...

His mouth wasn't close enough to where the tape was...there was no bite.
          Ok. He must just be licking something off his gloves. Maybe some icing from the cake he was eating in between rounds was on his gloves?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jkp View Post
            Ok. He must just be licking something off his gloves. Maybe some icing from the cake he was eating in between rounds was on his gloves?
            You can joke and be sarcastic all you want, but the video is there before both of our eyes. One of us is seeing what he wants to see, the other is calling it like it is.

Feel free to take a pic of the exact frame where AJ's mouth is within bite-range of that loose tape...I won't hold my breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
              ive seen stiverne , seen him get outworked by spilka , outboxed by washington , hurt by molina , down all rounds against washington and on the verge of being koed by ortiz. Yes the right hand has landed and bailed him out.
              But make no mistake about it he has been outboxed in almost of his defences and joshua is a completely different ballgame to those names mentioned.
              he has got away with it so far but not when he meets up with joshua
              You may very well be right about all of those things you just said, you can choose to assume that correlates to Joshua having a clear advantage but I don't see that at all.

Joshua was lucky to survive vs an old inactive Klitchko, who ended up retiring afterwards because he's an old fart and can't get away with beating up on Fat guys who can't even reach him anymore. I don't assume that means AJ is a great heavyweight. Klitchko 5 years ago wins that fight in my opinion and I don't even consider Klitchko very good, he was good at abusing his size and had a very good jab, nothing more. (And that's all it took to dominate a division full of fat bums and fat cruiserweights going for paydays).

Wilder has the reach to give AJ serious problems, he's not going to be able to just jab and back out of range every time like he did vs Parker. Wilder might get knocked out himself, he's very sloppy and wild but AJ also sticks his arms out like Frankenstein when he's in trouble which I assure you he will not get away with vs Wilder like he did vs Klitchko.

Comment

You can joke and be sarcastic all you want, but the video is there before both of our eyes. One of us is seeing what he wants to see, the other is calling it like it is.

Feel free to take a pic of the exact frame where AJ's mouth is within bite-range of that loose tape...I won't hold my breath.
                Can you not see him pulling the tape off with his hands? It's clear as day

Comment

Working...
                X