No announcement yet.

Is Canelo next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
    Chavez Jr. is arguably the greatest bum of all time, Canelo went up that high for the money. For me, that is not the proper way to prepare for a guy like GGG's caliber. Canelo still has not fought precisely at 160 or a top 10 middleweight contender at that weight.
    Yes, but it's difficult to assess Canelo right now -- as he chose to variate his weight so often, and as of lately he chose to turn into a body builder... I'm curious if he can even make 160 on the scales...

Comment

No. Canelo is getting is a smarter fighter, more cerebral and economical in his approach so he is going to put up a much better fight.

But at the end, he is going to get that azz beat.

Comment

Originally posted by BTL View Post
        We saw what happened last night.
        That would be more relevant towards GGG actually. A come forward fighter who's heavily pushed by HBO and has not looked as dominant recently.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Yes, but it's difficult to assess Canelo right now -- as he chose to variate his weight so often, and as of lately he chose to turn into a body builder... I'm curious if he can even make 160 on the scales...
          I'm sure he makes the weight no problem, he's one of the most professional and disciplined fighters in the sport. The question is, will Canelo be effective at 160 as he was at 154? Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
            That would be more relevant towards GGG actually. A come forward fighter who's heavily pushed by HBO and has not looked as dominant recently.
            Yup, and I imagine Canelo will work the Rungvisai gameplan of letting GGG come to him and countering when GGG overcommits.

Comment

Working...
            X