Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Golovkin Now Steal The 168 From Ramirez / Mexican Style #1 ranked?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Golovkin Now Steal The 168 From Ramirez / Mexican Style #1 ranked?

Forget fighting for Saunder's WBO, the 168 WBO is more prestigious!

Loeffler is playing with you fools. Abel says 2018, Loeffler says 2017...

Is Alvarez going to vacate? Do they want Alvarez with or without the belt? How could the WBC allow such yearly extensions?

I'm telling yall, for those of you that beleived in the Mexican style hype, now it's Lil'G's time to capitalize and win the hearts of real Mexican fans because you become a 2 Division champ, beat the #1, and THEN you even bring Chavez Jr. for more major bucks!

I said a while back that this will be Golovkin's first fight at 168.

Zurdo's going to clown his ass!

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      Forget fighting for Saunder's WBO, the 168 WBO is more prestigious!

Loeffler is playing with you fools. Abel says 2018, Loeffler says 2017...

Is Alvarez going to vacate? Do they want Alvarez with or without the belt? How could the WBC allow such yearly extensions?

I'm telling yall, for those of you that beleived in the Mexican style hype, now it's Lil'G's time to capitalize and win the hearts of real Mexican fans because you become a 2 Division champ, beat the #1, and THEN you even bring Chavez Jr. for more major bucks!
      I'm a big fan of GGG but he loses at 168. He's too small for that weight. IMO the only division GGG can dominate is 160.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
        I'm a big fan of GGG but he loses at 168. He's too small for that weight. IMO the only division GGG can dominate is 160.
        Lil'G should fight Ramirez. The expectation would be like Edwin Valero already moved up and fighting Southpaw DeMarco. That's if Abel Sanchez believes in it.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          Lil'G should fight Ramirez. The expectation would be like Edwin Valero already moved up and fighting Southpaw DeMarco. That's if Abel Sanchez believes in it.
          IDK if he can beat Ramirez but he would definitely be in a war. Ramirez only problem is he doesn't fight tall. That's not good with someone that hits as hard as GGG. Ramirez does have good movement and a good jab though. I still think GGG's just too small for 168.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
            IDK if he can beat Ramirez but he would definitely be in a war. Ramirez only problem is he doesn't fight tall. That's not good with someone that hits as hard as GGG. Ramirez does have good movement and a good jab though. I still think GGG's just too small for 168.
            Perhaps. Ramirez is an inch taller than Ishida and has a 4 inch reach advantage. I think Ramirez would box Lil'G around the ring the same exact way he did against Abraham. Ramirez got good movement. The difference however, Lil'G would be more active when cutting near the ropes. Abraham was just seeking the whole night with poor decision attempts.

Comment

Ramirez started the first round a lil slow, and tight, but once he got moving.....

Wow! He was thumping with a tough mother ****er.

Remember the fight where Abraham had a broken jaw and kept fighting.

Man ****!

Comment

One of few 168lb match-ups that's actually realistic. Ideally, GGG would capture the WBA belt and then face Ramirez in a unification. Does Ramirez have a voluntary next?
                Last edited by kiaba360; 04-10-2016, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Middleweight is far more prestigious than super middleweight. It is one of the original and oldest weight classes with a rich history of great fights and fighters. Middleweight has been here for over 150 years while 168 started in 1984. GGG could go to 168 for a fight with Ramirez and then win or lose immediately return to 160 and retain all his middleweight titles and keep trying to unify all the middleweight titles. GGG is an old small middleweight. That is his proper weight class. Keeping a 168 pound title and permanently fighting at an unnaturally heavy weight would be stupid and make things harder for himself than they need to be. He should stay at middleweight and continue to KO all willing and deserving challengers 3 or 4 times a year.

Comment

Ramirez puts a whoopin on him

Comment

Working...
                    X