Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Mayweather Fair against Trout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    I thought it was close. I stopped judging once they said the offical scores after 8 rounds. No point after that. Im just not that impressed with Trout. I said that going into the fight and was killed by the Trout lovers. He isnt great at anything. Hes just a pretty good boxer. IMO hes a little bit better than PWill.
    I saw a different fight. I saw a guy that can stick with a game plan throughout 12 rounds (minus those BS rounds, where he HAD to go for a KO.), and has elite cardio. Also a guy that can brawl right back if you tag him with some nice shots, ALA Sergio Martinez. The guy hurt Canelo with his straight left, and I believe an uppercut on a few different occasions, but Showtime didn't even mention those moments.

Also saw a guy that has a very solid chin, and high resolve. The KD round should've been a 10-9, but I still gave Canelo a 10-8, just because it was a whitewash for Trout leading up to that round.

I gave Trout a chance to beat Floyd based on size, movement, and jab before this fight, and I give him an even higher chance after the fight. That's of course if you saw the same fight I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      How, why?........
      Pure boxing skill , Trout is not near Floyd skill wise and Trout is not a power fighter he cant even punch properly to generate power , the way to beat Floyd now is be much bigger and out muscle him , or be a slick fighter with power , your not beating Floyd with half assed skills and no power .

Why are you haters so keen on Floyd fighting above his division , you praised Manny for all his CW but Floyd its different he got to fight the biggest baddest you can find at their healthy weight , while Manny CWs a shot Margo for the same title and that was ok by you , the double standards are amazing .

Comment

Trout is taller, has about the same reach, uses a lot of movement, is good on the outside, good on the inside, southpaw. I don't think this would be an easy fight for Floyd at all. All Floyd does is shoulder roll, he doesn't move defensively like Canelo does. He would roll the punches but still be a stationary target none the less.

Comment

I like both fighters, but I'm going with my boy Floyd on this one. Trout's a good fighter, but he lacks two things needed to beat Floyd. One, he lacks pop in his punches. Nothing he throws should give Floyd any worry. His jab is useless and he's inaccurate. He also doesn't have one signature punch I can think of as evidenced in the Canelo fight. Floyd has the better punch selection, accuracy, and countering ability.

Second, Trout lacks aggression, but not in the applying pressure sense. He doesn't seem to have the killer instinct you'd think someone with as many tattoos as he has would have. To beat Floyd you'll need to be ready to die in the ring and get a little crazy. Rough him up (Hatton), eat his punches(someone like prime Margarito), taunt him(Hopkins), anything to throw him off his game.

Trout's too nice in there and that'll be his downfall if he fought Floyd. Hopefully the Canelo loss will light a fire under him like the bad decisions did for Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Pure boxing skill , Trout is not near Floyd skill wise and Trout is not a power fighter he cant even punch properly to generate power , the way to beat Floyd now is be much bigger and out muscle him , or be a slick fighter with power , your not beating Floyd with half assed skills and no power .

Why are you haters so keen on Floyd fighting above his division , you praised Manny for all his CW but Floyd its different he got to fight the biggest baddest you can find at their healthy weight , while Manny CWs a shot Margo for the same title and that was ok by you , the double standards are amazing .
            So Floyd doesn't have a belt at 154? You want to rethink your position?

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
              I saw a different fight. I saw a guy that can stick with a game plan throughout 12 rounds (minus those BS rounds, where he HAD to go for a KO.), and has elite cardio. Also a guy that can brawl right back if you tag him with some nice shots, ALA Sergio Martinez. The guy hurt Canelo with his straight left, and I believe an uppercut on a few different occasions, but Showtime didn't even mention those moments.

Also saw a guy that has a very solid chin, and high resolve. The KD round should've been a 10-9, but I still gave Canelo a 10-8, just because it was a whitewash for Trout leading up to that round.

I gave Trout a chance to beat Floyd based on size, movement, and jab before this fight, and I give him an even higher chance after the fight. That's of course if you saw the same fight I saw.
              I saw what I always saw in Trout. A pretty good boxer. Hes not dynamic at anything offensively. His best attribute is his movement. Hes not turning any heads with that. I dont like watching slap boxers fight.

Comment

Floyd is undefeated in fantasy fights. He wins...

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  I saw what I always saw in Trout. A pretty good boxer. Hes not dynamic at anything offensively. His best attribute is his movement. Hes not turning any heads with that. I dont like watching slap boxers fight.
                  Agree to disagree. I think Trout beat Canelo rather easily. To me, Canelo proved he's not ready for Floyd. Trout on the other hand is ready for Floyd.

Difference in boxing caliber to me. To each his own.

Comment

All Floyd does is shoulder roll, he doesn't move defensively like Canelo does. He would roll the punches but still be a stationary target none the less.
                    (Roger Mayweather voice) "WTF U Jus Say"?

Comment

So Floyd doesn't have a belt at 154? You want to rethink your position?
                      Against guys that started at LW and JWW , not against natural 154s , there is a big difference , Manny had a 154 belt to and would not even fight Cotto at 154 he wouldnt even fight him at 147 , Roy Jones had a HW belt did he look for Holyfield or Lewis , try and find a WW to beat Floyd , all you see is numbers and you have double standards around those numbers , to you Floyd can go to 154 yet he dont weigh more than 150 on fight night but you see that and give him no credit for doing what Manny would not do , yet in your other thread Canelo cant go to MW yet he weighs 170 the same as MW Sergio and Golovkin

Your double standards are just pure hating .

Comment

Working...
                      X