Archie Moore talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archie Moore talks

Moore talks about Joey Maxim, Marciano, Ali etc

just a short clip I pulled of an old USA tuesday night fights episode I though a few here might enjoy.

great clip

Comment

I never knew Maxim was a defensive fighter. I need to watch some of his fights.

Comment

Thanks for the clip....Moore clearly a great ranconteur, gentleman and athlete. Very telling comment about Ali's impact on the sport as well.

Must also be one of the few guys to have 'enjoyed' fighting Rocky!!

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post
          I never knew Maxim was a defensive fighter. I need to watch some of his fights.
          Maxim had 21 KO's in 105 fights, so he very likely that he wasn't looking to trade with the great opposition he fought. Maxim was only stopped once in his career, so you can be certain he could take care of himself in the ring. And Maxim won a rematch against that guy just 21 days later! We'll never see things like that ever happen again among main eventers.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Maxim had 21 KO's in 105 fights, so he very likely that he wasn't looking to trade with the great opposition he fought. Maxim was only stopped once in his career, so you can be certain he could take care of himself in the ring. And Maxim won a rematch against that guy just 21 days later! We'll never see things like that ever happen again among main eventers.
            Recently I was reading about a number of fights in the 70's. It seems like it was a routine thing for high profile fighters to sometimes fight three to four weeks apart. That would never happen now.

Comment

True, but we should see guys fight more often. I guess there's too much money involved these days for that though. Harder to hit than the lottery numbers was a great line about Maxim, I gotta remember that.

Comment

Working...
              X