No announcement yet.

why are people dissing gamboa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are people dissing gamboa?

i dont get just cause he didnt knock out salido it was a wack fight? salido gave him fits big time and gamboa adjusted and if he didnt go wild he should of been counted for 2 knockdowns in the 12th. this guy fought juan manuel marquez and robert guerrero and they didnt knock him out. gamboa has had a very difficult start to his pro career all his fight were against fighters with a winning career, and he pretty much blew threw all of them. go look at mayweathers first 10 and look at gamboas and tell me who was in against better fighters.

actually their first 10 fights were comparable

gamboa is good but hes like a roy jones, he relies on his athletic skills way too much and tries to be flashy in the ring

if he would shut an opponent out en route to a KO he wouldve gotten a lot more props

no worries....if he beats lopez and john next year he will be in the p4p top 10

Comment

I like Gamboa, I just wish that we would fight more disclipined in there. He has freakish ability, but I think his flaws are going to bit him in the tail soon if he doesn't fix them.

Comment

He fought very sloppily and almost arrogant like he wasn't taking it serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          He fought very sloppily and almost arrogant like he wasn't taking it serious.
          he hurt the guy in early rds but didnt followed up instead he toyed with him. he could got a early rds ko but wanted to **** around and got caught. If that was Lopez in there that night Gamboa would be yesterday news. I was picking Gamboa over Lopez but afeter that fight I did a 180

Comment

In my opinion Gamboa is the upcoming fighter with most p4p potencial right now. He's great but sometimes he gets a bit too cocky and get tagged by slower men. I know the cockiness it's part of his appeal but if he would've fought Salido the same way he fought Mtagwa he would've kayoed him earlier. But it's not all bad, Salido came in strong and he's a durable fighter so let's see Gamboa's next fight.

Comment

what your guys saying is true. i dont mind the hands down thing SOMETIMES its flashy and sells tickets. but honestly from like the rd 3 if he had shifted into next gear with discipline he would of ended the fight. his trainer to me is good but not good enough. he use to train lara also and they made a change. they need to do the same with gamboa. he was brought in after his performance against jimenez to fix some issues but to me he just lets gamboa do what he wants.

Comment

Working...
              X