Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs GGG - who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just over a year and a half later and it's now the most talked about fight.

Wide opinion still favours GGG by "devastating KO" but Canelo being GGGs first elite level opponent you would have to think it would be closer than that even if GGG did win.

Comment

Well put.

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
      A much closer fight than individuals want to admit. Canelo is slick enough to frustrate GGG. On the other hand, GGG will possess more power than Canelo was seen or felt. It in my view will be very close till the point of a KO, more likely coming from Golovkin.

Golovkin by 11th round KO.
      Well put and I agree with your thoughts of a late stoppage by GGG. My biggest concern in this fight would be if it goes to the scorecards as recently happened with the Kovalev and Ward fight or years ago the 1st fight between Lennix Lewis and Holyfield. One part of boxing that I dislike is the fact the main promoter of any fight is responsible for paying the judges salaries which sometimes leads to bad decisions. Since Golden Boy is going to be the main promoter of this fight Canelo Alvarez will probably will be awarded the majority if not all of the close rounds against GGG. I always liked Golden Boy and believe he is a class act but lets not kid ourselves Canelo Alvarez is his main dollar fighter and in a close competitive fight he will more than likely be awarded every close round and might get the decision which is the main reason GGG should go for the knockout. This fight will be competitive but GGG should win by knockout in the late rounds of 9 to 11.

Comment

Spence is a great fighter. As the current elite fighters like GGG get a couple years older there not going to want any part of Spence. If they fought today I would favor GGG slightly over Spence but it would be one heck of a fight. Everyone talks about Canelo Alvarez having fought tougher fights but other than the Mayweather fight where he was dominated has he ever fought anyone as good as Jacobs who just fought GGG in a very close fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger G View Post
          Spence is a great fighter. As the current elite fighters like GGG get a couple years older there not going to want any part of Spence. If they fought today I would favor GGG slightly over Spence but it would be one heck of a fight. Everyone talks about Canelo Alvarez having fought tougher fights but other than the Mayweather fight where he was dominated has he ever fought anyone as good as Jacobs who just fought GGG in a very close fight?
          this is what i mean about the spence hype. so youd only just slightly favour the 3 belt 160 champion over an unproven 147 whos best win is chris algieri and bundu? okay....

Comment

How time flies, I made this thread back in mid-2014.

The hype for this fight is huge & thankfully we only had to wait a year for it to happen as opposed to a lot longer.

I think it's a 50/50 fight, before I used to think GGG would win but now I favour Canelo. He's improving by leaps and bounds.

The style match up is intriguing.

Comment

Canelo Alvarez is a great fighter he looked great against the over hyped Chavez Jr. In this fight do like GGG against Alvarez but to me he is only slightly favored 55/45 in a fight that could go either way. GGG got robbed in the Olympics and in over 380 amateur and professional fights he has never been knocked off his feet which says a lot. Canelo Alvarez has never been scared of GGG but his promoters wisely pushed this fight back waiting for GGG to get a little older and past his prime. Since the Mayweather fight Canelo Alvarez has improved a lot. Where Cotto an old and blown up Welterweight fighter who has tremendous heart gave Alavarez a hard fight I am not sure beating him in a close fight compares to Jacobs who just fought GGG in a very close fight? My prediction the power of GGG prevails against Canelo Alvarez but if the fight goes to the scorecards we could very well end up with a draw. In another year or two Canelo Alvarez would be favored over GGG in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger G View Post
                Lmao what did i just read. You're right about the canelo part though.

back to topic, i believe ggg kos cotto, and chavez jr that alvarez fought. Maybe pushing canela would bring out the best in him we dont know. But he has all the tools to execute a successful game plan against GGG. He just have to be more of a mover. Plant his feet when throwing his combos.

If he fights the same, im leaning towards GGG.
                Last edited by dibzvincent143; 05-07-2017, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Wasn't aware I voted in this. 2014 you know, how time flies.

I thought Ginger would win from then, now he's much better, much stronger & more experienced. GGG is at the stage where he's fighting a biological clock. He hasn't had any tough fights apart from recently so the wear and tear on his body should be at a minimum.

Comment

Working...
                  X