No announcement yet.

people who apply for welfare should have to pass a drug test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
    Yes, good. Let's cull the weak and infirm.
    I agree with this despite the poor spelling.

Comment

I'm relatively certain that this has already been institutionalized in certain states. It was started in Florida. I know this, because the politician who wanted to start it, actually had a stake in a drug-testing company, and was catching tons of flack for it. Regardless, I think it's a good idea.

Also, your location says Edmonton, Alberta. Do you by any chance work on the oil rigs? If so, that's a BADASS gig!

Comment

I agree.

Stop supporting the hood's drug addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped Bird View Post
          I agree.

Stop supporting the hood's drug addiction.
          Live in the hood for a week,there is a reason people are like that,at least in my town if you dont have rich connections you make it no where,you can be the best craps dealer limo driver,bellman etc.
          Those programs are there for kids,alot of them have worthless parents that without government aid would starve or sent to a group home,a lot of you act like they are getting rich off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            a lot of you act like they are getting rich off of it.
            Not all of them are, of course not. But I've met more than a few drug dealers who were also collecting welfare. Is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
              Not all of them are, of course not. But I've met more than a few drug dealers who were also collecting welfare. Is that right?
              Does that mean they do the drugs,so alcoholics crackheads and heroin users will get benefits but the guy or gal who smokes weed wont,think it through we are in the worst recession since the great depression,of course a lot of low income people will use purely to escape the misery of their lives,i have never collected it myself but if i had a hungry kid and i cant find a job i will ask of the government just like they ask of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
                I agree with this despite the poor spelling.
                It was sarcasm, and I spelled nothing incorrectly.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                  Does that mean they do the drugs,so alcoholics crackheads and heroin users will get benefits but the guy or gal who smokes weed wont,think it through we are in the worst recession since the great depression,of course a lot of low income people will use purely to escape the misery of their lives,i have never collected it myself but if i had a hungry kid and i cant find a job i will ask of the government just like they ask of me.
                  So that makes it right? Since your life is ****, tax-payers should pay for your drug habit? Come on, man. I'm all for social assistance. A lot of people need it. But those who use it to support their drug habits, should be cut-off instantly. No questions asked.

Got a drug habit? Get a ****ing job.

Comment

Hell no people shouldn't have to pass a drug test to receive welfare...in a perfect world, maybe...but welfare only exists because we don't live in a perfect world.

If you're some 8 year old and your mom is some meth addict, crackwhore, whatever on welfare...ur life is pretty **** to begin with...without that money imagine how much more craptacular it could be.

if you think people with terrible lives getting like 1200 dollars a month to feed their kids (and waste on drugs) is actually people taking money from you...you're ******ed.

You can't buy things like booze or cigs with food stamps anymore, its all card based now...the days of "10 gets ya 20" are over...these programs exist because some people just can't help themselves no matter what...making little babies suffer even more than they already are because of it? This isn't some crap third world country like Philippines, these programs exist because they are the best solution to an embarrassing problem.
                    Last edited by Everywhere; 09-07-2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
                      if you think people with terrible lives getting like 1200 dollars a month is actually people taking money from you...you're ******ed.
                      1200/MONTH!?!?!?!? Where the **** do you live? I'd be on welfare in a heartbeat if you got that much around here! Drug testing or otherwise!

Around here you get like $600/month max. If you have kids, you get more.

Comment

Working...
                      X