No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao @ 147: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    Prime for prime I always lean towards Mayweather by comfortable UD.

It's a ****ing travesty this fight didn't happen, though. It seems like most people want to blame one side or the other (depending on whose d*ck you prefer the taste of), but I think it was pretty clear to most unbiased observers that neither man wanted any part of the other. Manny first turned down the tests, then when he agreed to them, Floyd started with all this irrelevant "where was Pacquiao in 1996?" bull****.

**** both of 'em.
    doesn't that prove floyd never wanted it? pac agreed to all his stupid demands and floyd still didn't fight. it's not like floyd agreed to all pacs demands and pac didn't fight. why say they are both to blame? when one guy demonstrated he never wanted the fight? what more can pac do? accepted the tests earlier sure but that would have just revealed the truth earlier. what matters is was floyd willing to fight and the answer is clearly no. pac was willing to fight and even do things he didn't want to do to make it happen. floyd wasn't willing to fight even when he got everything he wanted. it made no sense. its pure ducking.

Comment

In 2010, before the fight starts it's 50/50. If Pac can land shots in every round with his speed we'll see how it goes, but Floyd is amazing at adjusting. The safe money is Floyd by decision.

In 2013, Floyd by stoppage.

Comment

Floyd by TKO between 7-10th round or wide wide UD...something like 10 rounds to 2 with a couple being close...even to this day, I envision a check hook being the beginning of the end for Pac in that fight!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          doesn't that prove floyd never wanted it? pac agreed to all his stupid demands and floyd still didn't fight. it's not like floyd agreed to all pacs demands and pac didn't fight. why say they are both to blame? when one guy demonstrated he never wanted the fight? what more can pac do? accepted the tests earlier sure but that would have just revealed the truth earlier. what matters is was floyd willing to fight and the answer is clearly no. pac was willing to fight and even do things he didn't want to do to make it happen. floyd wasn't willing to fight even when he got everything he wanted. it made no sense. its pure ducking.
          Pacquiao also had the issue of Arum being his promoter. Even with his compliance in regards to Floyd's demands I still doubt that the fight gets made even if Floyd wanted it, which he didn't.

I lay the blame on 3 people : Mayweather, Pacquiao, and Arum. I'm not a fan of either Mayweather or Pacquiao. I respect them both, but I don't cheer for either of them. In my opinion, they're partly responsible for bringing the sport to an all time low.

Comment

Manny will not win a single round .

Comment

This fight is like the ones people bring up where Golden Boy/Top Rank is involved, Ortiz vs Rios/ Mares vs Donaire for example. Not even worth discussing. This fight would have more of a chance of being made if Pacquiao was not with Top Rank, he should be a free agent like Mayweather and Cotto.

Comment

At Lightweight I would cum at this match up because Floyd was epic at 135. Completely different aggressive monster.

2-3 years ago at 147 it's a 50/50 fight that probably goes back and forth and gives Mayweather another tough fight like with Cotto. Except I could see Pac having more Mosley moments like Shane had in round 2 vs Floyd. He's just so fast I could see him rocking Floyd a couple times. I think Marquez has an easier time with Pac just because he's better at combination counter puncher that would fire back each time Pac threw something and make him pay which made him hesitant in the 3rd fight IMO then because it was so close when it was suppose to be a blowout he got reckless in the 4th fight and got caught. Where at 147 Floyd just likes to make you miss a few times then fire back. I think it would be a whole hell of a lot closer decision win then Oscar-Floyd or Leonard-Hagler.

Right now if Pac destroys Rios in 5 rounds like he would have done in his prime and miraculously is the reincarnation of Lennox Lewis and can get KTFO twice and comeback the same then we could have a good fight on our hands but I definitely would favor Floyd by KO before the 10th round atleast until I see the Rios fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
                  In 2010 when the fight mattered i had Floyd winning by a wide decision,now in 2013 when Manny has been brutally knocked out by a 38 year old lightweight i see Floyd stopping him in 8 after embarrassing him
                  The Marquez that knocked Pacquiao out was no lightweight.

Whether you believe he achieved it by means foul or fair, he was a shredded monster and it obviously translated to power. Pacquiao who had taken the best shots from a ton of heavy hitting fighters was dropped twice in that fight, don't forget. Marquez was certainly far stronger in that fight than in the 3rd fight between them.

The Marquez that Floyd fought was a fleshy lightweight (which is what happens when you pull a fighter up 2 divisions without any time to build up to the weight).

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                    Prime for prime I always lean towards Mayweather by comfortable UD.

It's a ****ing travesty this fight didn't happen, though. It seems like most people want to blame one side or the other (depending on whose d*ck you prefer the taste of), but I think it was pretty clear to most unbiased observers that neither man wanted any part of the other. Manny first turned down the tests, then when he agreed to them, Floyd started with all this irrelevant "where was Pacquiao in 1996?" bull****.

**** both of 'em.
                    I think it's pretty clear to the impartial observer that Pacquiao would fight anybody, including Mayweather.

Whether you think he was on PEDs or whether you think he was offended by the accusation or whether you think Arum was puppeteering Manny (all 3 possible reasons for initially refusing the tests - to which he eventually agreed BTW), there is no evidence whatsoever to indicate Pacquiao was scared to share a ring with Mayweather.

Floyd on the other hand is a self admitted, "Rich coward."

Comment

The fans lose

/End thread

Comment

Working...
                      X