Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a YT analyst better than Dwyer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
    Judging from his flat and interior, he doesnt make substantial money from betting. Never watched his videos, but just from the opinions of this forum, he is more often wrong than right.

Comment

Originally posted by Hond View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/user/dwyer70905/videos

He's pretty good, although he tends to pick the underdog more often than is feasable in my opinion. Anybody else's analyses to look out for on YT?
      Being a former handicapper, Dwyer is not pretty good, he's actually pretty bad. He's always hedging wagers, that's a sign of a weak capper. If you're skilled you don't need to hedge jack. I hedged once only because there was an error plugging it in.

Picking underdogs in Boxing, that's just not a good handicapping. That's not how Boxing works. Underdogs lose 80%-90% of the time. I'm pulling that out of the air, but those figures sound fair. I bet if you compared the data annually, my numbers would be close. Vegas, Boxing, and fight fixing are very close knit.

He's just a casual living in a utility apartment. Doesn't even try to put out good content. He could green-screen his place with a simple backdrop then add something over it in the editor. Both of his websites are garbage. He doesn't even try and likes to hear himself talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hond View Post
        https://www.youtube.com/user/dwyer70905/videos

He's pretty good, although he tends to pick the underdog more often than is feasable in my opinion. Anybody else's analyses to look out for on YT?
        Dwyer is a gambling analyst moreso than just a straight up boxing analyst.

He picks underdogs a lot because there is value there.

he is decent at breaking down fights technically within the framework of gambling, doe..

He picked Fury to beat Klitschko when everybody said he was crazy. Of course I did as well heheh

His pick on Klitschko/Joshua ALMOST came to fruition as well.
        Last edited by Cheek busting; 02-12-2018, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Lol. The question should be is there anyone worse.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
            Judging from his flat and interior, he doesnt make substantial money from betting. Never watched his videos, but just from the opinions of this forum, he is more often wrong than right.
            You realize what part of California he live sin , right?

Where he lives, that is likely close to a million dollar condo (depending on the exact location).

He makes money as a lawyer - that's his meat and potatoes.

He probably doesn't even work FT as a lawyer - prolly takes cases here and there as he pleases.

I guarantee he's making six-figures. He travels a lot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
              He picks underdogs a lot because there is value there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildstalker View Post
                Lol. The question should be is there anyone worse.
                Im actually glad this poster made this thread , it will certainly weed out the morons around here including the OP , particularly ones who claim....

"I CANT THINK OF ANYONE BETTER " ..........

Go through the thread to see who that was .

Really anyone who takes this guy seriously and thinks hes probably not chuckling off you tube needs their own head examined ....... nobody can be this oblivious and be telling the truth ..... lol
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-11-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post

Lol wut mate?

Before that I said Dwyer analyzes boxing matches in the context of gambling.

And there is more value in picking the underdog? That's just a fact? Doesn't mean it's the SMARTEST, but there is more value...

For example - for Fury/Klit, I think Fury was hovering around +350 - +580ish, so betting 100 bucks on him, would see your return of 350 bucks/500 bucks; however, JUST to win 100 bucks betting on Wladimir, who was hovering around -530ish, you'd have to bet 530 bones.

It's just an objectively true concept?

Obviously, however, it isn't always SMARTEST to just bet on the 'dog all the time for the inherent upside in value, but a lot of the times, when there is a 'dog who you believe has a damn good chance to win, you should - and that's where Dwyer CAN be of assistance (lol i'm not gonna say he's great at it - but it can be good to hear a second opinion if you are on the fence).

like you said, doe, the 'dog loses like 85% of the time (I feel like that's about right). Still, that means of every 10 fights the dog wins 1-2 times. If you play your cards right, you can win a lot of money.

But the SAFEST bet, especially if you have a lot of money to start out with, and put up, is to pick the favorite. like whenever Floyd would be like -800ish for his fights against guys like Guerrero, Maidana, etc. that's easy money baby! I CLEANED UP betting on Floyd from like 2007-2017. ESPECIALLY in the Hatton fight - all the money coming in on Hatton, brought Floyd to like only a -180ish favorite, which was CRAZY GOOD ODDS! I forgot exactly what he was when I made my bet, but I put down 3,500 USD on him.
                  Last edited by Cheek busting; 02-12-2018, 12:25 AM.

Comment

He's the best out there. He does have some blind spots when it comes to certain fighters, but he is as even handed as it comes and definitely the least biased. It's strictly boxing with him, although he does occasionally go on tangents.

Comment

Working...
                    X