Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: I'm Not Fighting Spence in '18; This is a Get-Back Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is disgusting. This is the same guy who relentlessly called out Mayweather and Malignaggi. Can you believe it? And instead of fighting another champion he wants to fight two guys he already beat clearly ? Are you kidding me ?

Then not even Danny or Porter want to fight him either. And they aren’t even champs! You guys don’t want oto be champs again ? Really ?

I guess we can’t expect these guys to outright say the words “I’m scared”, but at least be a bit more honest. “Errol is too tough and too much risk for me right now when I can just wait for my mandatory stays to kick in for Thurman.” Idk man, something. If Rod Salka had that IBF strap Garcia and Porter would be kicking the IBFs door down trying to get that damn fight. It’s just disgusting.

Comment

wrong statement on his part. should've pleaded the 5th

Comment

Doesn’t make sense that he’d be willing to fight Porter or Garcia this year but not Spence..... basically an admission that Spence is the dangerman.

Thurman-Spence is still a tough fight for both guys but Thurman really doesn’t give you confidence when he talks like this.

Comment

Told you fantasy boxing fans politics $ rule corrupt boxing Thurman tuneup then mandatory Spence mandatory no fight till mid - end 2019

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
            Doesn’t make sense that he’d be willing to fight Porter or Garcia this year but not Spence..... basically an admission that Spence is the dangerman.

Thurman-Spence is still a tough fight for both guys but Thurman really doesn’t give you confidence when he talks like this.
            I saw the video version of this interview and he said he will most likely have to fight Porter as a mandatory, which they have conveniently left out.

Comment

Really poor.

I remember him once saying he wanted them 'superbowl numbers'

Well, you dont get that fighting once (or twice if he is fighting ****e opponents) a year before you are a star.

I get he was injured and no problem with a tune up or two, but 2 years to recover from surgery is excessive. Tune ups are supposed to be quick fights vs sup par opp. you squeeze in to get yourself back in the groove. You could take 5 tune ups in a year if you wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                I saw the video version of this interview and he said he will most likely have to fight Porter as a mandatory, which they have conveniently left out.
                I hope Porter wins because I have no doubt he would go in with Spence given the chance.

That man is a warrior.

Edit: Actually take that back I want to see Spence vs Thurman lol

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  Ahhh that’s true, Porter is a mandatory so he can get away with that.

I’ll let Thurman live but Spence must be the first fight he has 2019.

Comment

didnt thurman just got married recently??? i expect this will be his downfall.. look at the fighters that was doing good then got married while still competing at a high level and everything went down hill from there.

Comment

[QUOTE=JLC;18435025]This is disgusting. This is the same guy who relentlessly called out Mayweather and Malignaggi.
                      Like the scene from "Tombstone" he was yelling and screaming "Do any of you have the guts to Play for Blood" ?
                      (Doc Holiday)Spence Jr steps of the porch and says "I'm your huckleberry"

Comment

Working...
                      X