Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Takam = modern day Evander Holyfield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all takam does his bounce around the ring getting his eyebrows slashed by punches..not a good comparison

Comment

They have absolutely nothing in common.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
        Takam was past it himself against AJ and you're assuming Lennox Lewis is a better head to head boxer than AJ. Holyfield was also losing to the likes of Sultan Ibragimov and Chris Byrd.
        I'm not even going to bother.
        Last edited by kiDynamite92; 01-23-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
          Carlos Takam reminds me of a modern day Evander Holyfield in the way he boxes stylistically and the abilities that he displays during his boxing bouts.

- Both very elusive

- Both excellent counter punchers

- Both have elite punch resistance

- Both box like warriors with tremendous heart
          Mr Objectivity:

These "qualities" are very general. If they even apply! HOlyfield was very coachable but not particularly elusive. Having a good chin is a quality that a lot of guys have ditto for the heart.

I don't know about EVander's countering ability either. Toney is an elite counter puncher, Evander? More of a very high activity guy with combo ability and power. If you watch Holyfield historically, he comes up...people are like "Hes a blown up cruiser!! Fooey!!!" he then demonstrates that he is not just in the division for the low hanging fruit and belongs there in spades.

But in so far as similar fighters ? Look at high activity guys, with moderate to good power.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Mr Objectivity:

These "qualities" are very general. If they even apply! HOlyfield was very coachable but not particularly elusive. Having a good chin is a quality that a lot of guys have ditto for the heart.

I don't know about EVander's countering ability either. Toney is an elite counter puncher, Evander? More of a very high activity guy with combo ability and power. If you watch Holyfield historically, he comes up...people are like "Hes a blown up cruiser!! Fooey!!!" he then demonstrates that he is not just in the division for the low hanging fruit and belongs there in spades.

But in so far as similar fighters ? Look at high activity guys, with moderate to good power.
            Holyfield was a great counter puncher . He counter punched Tyson to death when Tyson then ,stopped using head and footwork . This was the deciding factor bc Holyfield was always a great anticipator of blocking shots while firing back , defeating a square Tyson just standing there most rounds walking straight in was a gift.

Had HW's been no bigger than 6'3 he may have never lost when healthy at that time . Bowe and Lewis were true SHW's with skills and styles making it difficult .

I consider Tyson in the 80's the best counter puncher with Holyfield close second . Holyfield took more shots then he should have bc he stayed in the pocket in one spot willing to trade more than he should have .

I see what the OP is saying , i probably agree as far as simularities to Takam and Holyfield ,they even have the left hook . But Holyfield is more skilled and Takam has no where near the determination .

Had Takam had that he may have defeated Parker with just a few rnds seperating them. Im not sure Takam being excellent counterpuncher but he would resemble Holyfield the most today . People really need to study footage to see it which i know is a no no on here . lol
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-23-2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Wtf utter bull**** thread lol

Comment

Stop talking about Takam like he is any top boxer or something just to redeem Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by Just looking View Post
                  Stop talking about Takam like he is any top boxer or something just to redeem Joshua
                  You realize Takam lost every round right ?

If anyone was being redeemed it would be Parker .

Comment

Originally posted by Just looking View Post
                    I'm not even trying to praise Joshua here or promote him. However, Takam is most certainly a 'top boxer'. That's not up for debate!

Comment

Originally posted by musiol View Post
                      Wtf utter bull**** thread lol
                      Proof or it didn't happen!

Comment

Working...
                      X