Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev vs Ward Slowmo punch count round by round.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    That is a myth. It never happened.

Landed punches are the core of the sport, and yes they by far outweigh all other factors.
    Its a highly debated topic amongst historians and its not out of the realm of the scoring criteria. Its really simple if boxer a.) does what the story of Pep tells making boxer b.) miss whilst trying to land with no success then why is it out of the question that one can win a round solely on defense?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Its a highly debated topic amongst historians and its not out of the realm of the scoring criteria. Its really simple if boxer a.) does what the story of Pep tells making boxer b.) miss whilst trying to land with no success then why is it out of the question that one can win a round solely on defense?
        I don't think it's debated. The only surviving reports claim that there were heavy exchanges in the round in question.

You're taking a very unusual type of round to make your point. I would say that yes, if neither guy lands a punch then the guy with the better defence wins. But how many rounds have you watched where neither guy lands a punch?

To take it further, I think you could say that in extremely low action rounds you could point to 'defence', or 'ring generalship' to split the fighters. But these are very abstract compared to landed punches, which are a hell of a lot more concrete.

Thus landed punches are what judges turn to in order to pick winners. I think that's clearly in the best interests of the sport, if only for the simple fact that it strikes a better balance between the objective and the subjective.

Comment

VIDEOS ARE BIASED! THERE WERE 1 OR 2 PUNCHES THAT WARD LANDED AND HE DIDN'T GET CREDIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            I don't think it's debated. The only surviving reports claim that there were heavy exchanges in the round in question.

You're taking a very unusual type of round to make your point. I would say that yes, if neither guy lands a punch then the guy with the better defence wins. But how many rounds have you watched where neither guy lands a punch?

To take it further, I think you could say that in extremely low action rounds you could point to 'defence', or 'ring generalship' to split the fighters. But these are very abstract compared to landed punches, which are a hell of a lot more concrete.

Thus landed punches are what judges turn to in order to pick winners. I think that's clearly in the best interests of the sport, if only for the simple fact that it strikes a better balance between the objective and the subjective.
            My position is that context trumps whatever you prefer and punch stats are also flawed ; if you just look at the numbers or what you thought landed clean is also subjective and nothing concrete about that either.

Comment

My position is that context trumps whatever you prefer and punch stats are also flawed ; if you just look at the numbers or what you thought landed clean is also subjective and nothing concrete about that either.
              trump has alternative facts...ward fans have alternative punches. the punches that only they can see and only they count.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                trump has alternative facts...ward fans have alternative punches. the punches that only they can see and only they count.
                Sooooo what you are saying is that you are still mad? HA!

Comment

Sooooo what you are saying is that you are still mad? HA!
                  Evidently they don't score bodypunches around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    Evidently they don't score bodypunches around here.
                    He broke the mold, you know a 'Slick' boxer is not suppose to press a beast like Kovalev...nope you cant be a pillow puncher and bully us like dat!

Comment

He broke the mold, you know a 'Slick' boxer is not suppose to press a beast like Kovalev...nope you cant be a pillow puncher and bully us like dat!
                      If his name were Andrej Wardovic they'd be riding his d*ck like a brand new Harley.

Comment

Working...
                      X