Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round 12 gif highlights (Easy round for Ward)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, Ward was making him miss over and over by mere centimeters, Kov looked like he was landing when he wasn't. Ward was landing quality shots, kept taking Kov's power off too with his management of distance.

There was a moment near the end of round 9 where Roy said "good combo by Kovalev", yet the replay shows he missed 90% of his shots. Another that occurred at the end of round 10, they thought Kov landed a big right hand, in reality it missed.

This was happening all throughout the fight, such as 15 secs to go in round 10. Everybody thought Kov landed a big left hook, it clearly missed and hit his trapezius.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      You think he's bending down from pain? He's trying to block but doing it half a sec too late. The evidence is that he fires back and then bends his body the other way and slams Kovalev to the body. When you get hurt to the body, you don't immediately expose yourself like that, you can only think of protecting it. I'm sure Andre felt it, but that bend was sloppy defense.

I won't disagree that it was a good shot though. Quick and crisp. I was happy for Kovalev that he was finally able to get something going inside. I predicted he'd go after the body and Sergey was letting me down all night. Only problem was, Ward was besting him at that game. The last punch in the gif (where Sergey shutters) looks pretty rough to me.
      Their no way to say if it was from pain or not, but firing back means nothing all the elite etc know how to mask their hurt and not let their opponent notice. If ward was hurt (lets just say he was for the sake of argument) and he wouldnt have fired back instantly that would have signaled to kovalev that he got something their and kovalev could have went for the kill on that side of the body. Firing back when hurt is not at all uncommon.

Also trying to pin some conspiracy theory on RJJ and hbo just cause they noticed it is a reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Shpacman View Post
        Diidn watch all your gifs, but for exampe that left hook was really good.
        3rd gif? Theres' two punches thrown.

Are you talking about the first one that slid off Ward's shoulder?

Or the one that Ward blocked?

Comment

Originally posted by !!WAR KOVALEV!! View Post
          Their no way to say if it was from pain or not, but firing back means nothing all the elite etc know how to mask their hurt and not let their opponent notice. If ward was hurt (lets just say he was for the sake of argument) and he wouldnt have fired back instantly that would have signaled to kovalev that he got something their and kovalev could have went for the kill on that side of the body. Firing back when hurt is not at all uncommon.

Also trying to pin some conspiracy theory on RJJ and hbo just cause they noticed it is a reach.
          We can disagree about the shot, as far as HBO though, I've called BS on Jim and Max even when they were cheerleading for the guy I was rooting for. Everyone knows they play bias. I'm sure you've probably complained about it.
          I used to praise Roy for not being afraid to dissent but have seen that going away more and more. I remember talking about it on here. He still has his moments but I've stopped expecting him to go off "script". It's just the way these things work. Even Joe Rogan in the UFC gets someone barking in his earpiece when they don't like what he's saying, that was disclosed a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            3rd gif? Theres' two punches thrown.

Are you talking about the first one that slid off Ward's shoulder?

Or the one that Ward blocked?
            According to a few of the guys here, shoulders and blocks partially count. I know because they argued it to the death in the alt camera angle thread.
            New rules, ya know...

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              wards shots are always better. he's ward! ok so ward won it even though he got hurt and landed less. so you admit pac beat floyd since he landed the "better" shots in most of the roudns against floyd even thogh floyd outlanded him(not really but lets pretend) oh no its different this time because...
              I wonder if you will ever realise that two different fights are completely different.

"Oh you think Ward beat Kovalev? Then you must think Pac beat Floyd!"

So ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                wards shots are always better. he's ward! ok so ward won it even though he got hurt and landed less. so you admit pac beat floyd since he landed the "better" shots in most of the roudns against floyd even thogh floyd outlanded him(not really but lets pretend) oh no its different this time because...
                It's scored on a round by round basis man, go make threads on Baldomir, I hear he touches his daughter, isn't this the best time to address him more?

Comment

Two judges gave Ward the 12th, they both had the fight even after 11, and the other gave 12 to Kovalev but he had it 7-4(+KD) after 11

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I wonder if you will ever realise that two different fights are completely different.

"Oh you think Ward beat Kovalev? Then you must think Pac beat Floyd!"

So ******ed.
                    He's a man consumed by Manny's failure. He mentions it in every post.

Comment

The disputed rounds on the judges scorecard were

3rd (2 for Kovalev, 1 for Ward)
                      5th (2 Ward, 1 Kovalev)
                      6th (2 Kovalev, 1 Ward)
                      and 12th (2 Ward, 1 Kovalev)

Rounds unanimously won
                      1st (Kovalev)
                      2nd (Kovalev 10-8)
                      4th (Kovalev)
                      7-11 (Ward)

Comment