Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone kind of feel bad for Kell Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone kind of feel bad for Kell Brook?

He should be a star now, but Eddie Hearn has totally destroyed whatever respect Kell earned when he beat Porter for the belt. Now he's been left to destroy bums for spare change.

I know people will say but it's Kell's fault for getting stabbed and then injured so he couldn't fight in late 2014 and late 2015. The Frankie Gavin fight should never have happened, it should have been a real challenge that would have gave him more notoriety.

I'd now say Joshua, Haye, Khan, Quigg, Frampton, Degale, Selby, Groves, and probably even Dillian Whyte now. Even bums like Tony Bellew have more name value than Kell Brook in 2016 who is a world champion.

So yeah some of it is his fault, and some of it isn't. Anyway it's a shame because he should have been the #1 in the division right now, making millions in America but instead he is a joke once again before the Porter fight. I like Kell Brook too but the joke opposition is annoying now.

No. . .

Comment

Yeah, should be the figurehead of British boxing but Eddie Hearn's ****ed him.

Comment

No because kell brook ducked Timothy Bradley

Comment

Aside from beating Porter in america, he's become a millionaire by defending against romanian cab drivers and frnech canadian backpackers in his hometown. I actually envy Kell Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by El Malo. View Post
            No. . .
            You have to admit he should be the name of british boxing after the Porter win with Khan doing nothing, Haye retired, and Froch gone. That was nearly 2 years ago. By the time he beats jo jo dans scraps he would have reached 2 years and still done nothing.

Now almost every other champion in Britain have done more than Kell Brook. He won the title before Degale and is still a lesser name than him. Groves isn't even a champion and is more of a name.

He shouldn't be a lesser name than Bellew. I actually feel bad for the guy to be a world champion, making less than money than Anthony Joshua who isn't a champion, and Bellew is more known than him.
            Last edited by Cobra_; 03-11-2016, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
              No because kell brook ducked Timothy Bradley
              What he said ^.

Brook has been fighting bums, and trying to build his name off of Khan's back, shamefully accusing Khan of being scared. Really? A guy who just went up 2 weight classes to fight the World Champion is scared? Idiot.

Comment

Fighting only bums does not give you any legacy/respect.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout15 View Post
                  Aside from beating Porter in america, he's become a millionaire by defending against romanian cab drivers and frnech canadian backpackers in his hometown. I actually envy Kell Brook.
                  Trust me.

Brook is far from a millionaire. He's hardly making much for these mandatory defenses, the only fight he made decent money for was the Frankie fight because he got a cut of the PPV money, but not as much as other PPV fighters like Joshua got.

Joshua's recent fight got him £3 million. Brook against Gavin got him around 750k which is his biggest career payout to date.

Comment

No...........

Comment

Working...
                    X